• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing a new Windows Operating System (post 2001)
(31-12-2010, 12:43 PM)Drumm Wrote: My questioning of why he did not feel obligated was more of a rhetorical one. Though, It is possible for him too attempt to improve the next persons skill, and if he had a good amount of respect for the the tech scene it is his responsibility as well. Yes, there is a point where self learning is the best, but for some things you cannot work all of it out by yourself without missing one detail. Try learning a programming language without a tutorial, or some kind of guide. If a person clicks on your tutorial too learn, they generally will be interested in the subject enough to want too do their best to understand.

It was a typo, should have been 1 in 10,000. (You need to learn the proper use of to and too BTW) I wasn't referring to a tutorial written by myself, I was referring to the one posted by Meatloaf. I know you are not questioning my respect for the tech scene, seeing as how you are half my age and your ability is still soft clay that has yet to be developed. The majority of my life is and has been dedicated to mankind's most useful of tools. Was it not I that showed you how an example of how to attack malware? Was my own code not in the tools I was telling you to use? Did you not also come to the logical conclusion after witnessing what was done that a tutorial to emulate what was done could pose a problem? You have a short memory. How many programming languages have you mastered that your point of view on the subject of programming has become relevant? There was no internet when I was learning to program, no forums, no nub tutorials. It was all RTFM. I need not to be spoon fed how to do something. My curiosity has always been the only catalyst necessary. You don't yet understand the culture I come from if you think all information can be given freely. Some things MUST be learned and CAN NOT be taught. I know the statement is cryptic but I have confidence it will be blatantly obvious to you over time.
Quote:Sir Isaac Newton once said "Standing on the shoulders of giants"
Did Isaac Newton learn the teachings of giants directly from their work, or from some third party's regurgitated perspective of their teachings? The quote also has the underlying meaning that one must climb the giant and been where they were first, before you can stand on their shoulders. If you want to learn what went behind Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica do you read the book or read a report given by someone else who read the book? If you miss a detail then it is your responsibility to go back and pick it up when something down the line doesn't add up properly.
Drumm, if you ask me a direct question I will answer it for you to the best of my ability. If the end all be all on a topic is already in existence I will point you to it. I do not feel it necessary to converse in the public eye over everything, this is not up for debate. If there is knowledge for which you wish to probe me for nothing is stopping you.
(31-12-2010, 05:15 AM)bigsharn Wrote: And my entrepreneureal mind is in a different spacial dimension to yours, I fail to see your point. The tutorial was not for you or someone with a mind whose technical prowess is so imperceivable, so I don't see how this applies, at all?
You fail to see just about everything Meatloaf, it is your best and worst quality. Ignorance is bliss after all. Let's check the raw definition of entrepreneur shall we?
An entrepreneur is a person who has possession of a new enterprise, venture or idea and is accountable for the inherent risks and the outcome.
So you exist in the same plane of time and space as me, on the same planet yet your "entrepreneurial" (you can't even spell it correctly) mind exists in a completely different spacial dimension? I find that rather curious because being an entrepreneur is a man made philosophical idea. I founded my own enterprise and support not only myself but my family with said enterprise exclusively. I work for myself solely. My name is the one that signs my pay check. You work for a company for which you are not the proprietor. You are someone else's slave, I fail to see anything that would show you are superior to me. You have shared your difficulty to find work with everyone in here. You are not financially well off(In all fairness, neither was I at your age, but I didn't go around telling people I was an entrepreneur either.)
(31-12-2010, 05:05 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: Nobody is going to start coming to you for any serious technical advice any time soon. I don't want to be a dick, but you need to understand the reality of the situation there.
Quote:And I suppose this is the reason I'm the IT guy at work?
My point was why give a shitty tutorial when there are countless others much better that are already available.
You were hired as an IT person? I think it much more likely that you filled a niche that was available additional to your regular duties. So you do your best to help those who are even more clueless than you. I don't think that means you will be drawing the masses anytime soon.

[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing Flagfox for Firefox Mark 0 5,490 22-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Mark