• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honeycomb 3.0 Demoed by Andy Rubin
Motorola 'Nexus Tab' running Honeycomb

Andy Rubin has just semi-demoed a Motorola Android tablet running Honeycomb at the Dive into Mobile conference. The recording of this Demo was done yesterday (British: 06/12/2010) On exactly the same day as Gingerbread was officially announced. This version of Android includes several new APIs that will make Phone applications run seamlessly on both Tablet and Smartphone, instead of having a separate store for each (I believe this is how the iPad works) The demo also showed an interesting new menu, kept at the bottom of the screen, which completely replaced the need for any buttons on the tablet. Personally, I believe buttons are necessary too any Android device, this is an interesting view on things. The OHA (Open Handset Alliance) On which your device must comply with to be able to access the official Android Market makes Android tablets very awkward. One of the specifications for any Android device is that it must have a cellular connection, which is why Archos has used a third party Market to run it's WiFi only tablets. I would like too think that the OHA Specifications will change to allow WiFi only devices to access the Market, with the release of Honeycomb. Embedded below is a video of Andy Rubin demoing the Motorola device.

[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!

Messages In This Thread
Honeycomb 3.0 Demoed by Andy Rubin - by Drumm - 07-12-2010, 06:54 PM