• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
God
(19-11-2010, 10:06 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote:
(19-11-2010, 02:59 AM)latch Wrote:
(17-11-2010, 06:59 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: All I know is that I know nothing, but I believe in something.

This is an acceptable statement.

(18-11-2010, 02:08 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: Good for you if you have the ability to believe in something for which you have zero proof, but that is not me.

This is not.

You are far too intelligent to make a comment like this. There are many things that exist that can't be proven and, in the above post, you stated you have already submitted to the belief there is something else beyond your human experience. And you are right, math seems to break down at the quantum levels and if the law conservation of angular momentum is still in place on the stellar level, we should not have galaxies spinning the wrong way.
Ahh, to have every sentence dissected, how good it is to have you around again latch. When I go back and look at the sentence it is indeed flawed. Perhaps I should rephrase my statement. Good for you if you have the ability to take a work of literature and 100% take it as verbatim fact, but I am not capable of the same. The true definition for the creator is merely something I assume to be beyond my comprehension, nothing more, nothing less. I am a pragmatic agnostic. I may be intelligent, but I am also susceptible to error due to the fact I am living "the human experience" and often times let the words roll off of my fingers before thoroughly thought out. This is more an error of myself living in the moment and reacting with emotion, then an error of my own personal philosophical views. I stick by my first statement as a true reflection of my inner system of beliefs, conflicted and contrived as they may be.

See? That's what I like about you- Intelligent and yet ready to receive correction sans angst. I think your error was actually caused by the conditioning of the indifference or ineptitude of those you interact with that fail to correct incongruities in your statements. I'm not one to ponce on every little thing, but when you say you believe in something, and then say you are not one to believe in something that cannot be proven, is inconsistent. And I doubt inconsistency is your nature. Someone who enjoys ASM is not flippant to the import of detail and is sensitive to subtle nuance and discrepancy lest debugging be impossible.

As you know, a computer will not let you get away with such an error.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.

Messages In This Thread
God - by latch - 12-11-2010, 07:01 PM