• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
God
God in the religious sense has not much of a meaning to me. Seeing as how all religion in essence dates back to primitive man worshiping the sun, and how organized religion is not much more than a mechanism for social control it is of no interest to me. I can not fathom that the creator of the universe and/or multiverse(s) has any foreseeable human characteristics, or that our species with it's finite and weak carbon-based makeup and limited ability to interpret our surroundings have the ability to truly understand what the creator is. We are merely given the curiosity to wonder what, and of course why? I am OK with that. I do believe there is something beyond my comprehension that is out there, but I have no idea what it is. Our science and mathematics break down when trying to describe space and time. As religious zealots may see prophets as those who bring the word of God, I believe that prophets are the people like Newton and Einstein. The people that are able to give logical quantitative analysis into the inner workings of how things ARE. I do not believe in any way that they have given us all of the answers and I believe there are still others to come who will continue to shed light, we stand on the shoulders of the giants before us after all. Seeing as how man seems destined to toil in wars and poverty, yet we are the creators and developers of technology perhaps it is set that the next natural stage of evolution will be for us to create artificial life. Seeing as how it would be illogical for the artificial life to allow primitive creatures that act on emotion and fear rather than fact and knowledge to continue raping and misusing the natural resources we have available they will kill us all off and perhaps find a harmonious life after we are gone. But I digress, the truth is all any of us can do is BELIEVE in what we believe in. Nobody truly KNOWS anything. All I know is that I know nothing, but I believe in something.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.

Messages In This Thread
God - by latch - 12-11-2010, 07:01 PM