• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Apple at it once again, bricking jailbroken IPhones?
There are several articles on this topic that have come up in the past few days but since I haven't seen anyone touch on it here as of yet....

http://www.thevine.com.au/tech/news/appl...00824.aspx

:nono Apple, once again hell bent on making sure their technology can only be used in the fashion that is seen fit by Jobs errrr Apple has decided to patent a technology to detect jailbroken IPhones. There is a lot of blah blah coming from their home office trying to justify it, but the fact is the technology will allow them to brick a phone that is running unauthorized software/firmware. I personally think it is going to great things for sales......of Android phones. :thumbs I have 4 friends with IPhones, all are jailbroken (all their balls are busted constantly BTW, and for some reason their voicemail greeting keeps getting changed to "Yakety Saks") This move by Apple is quite an odd turn of events when you consider that the US government has deemed jailbreaking/rooting/modding your cellphone to be perfectly legal(if it is for educational purposes of course, and hey isn't it always?) as of July 27th. I only hope that Apples steel tight grip on all their closed software will chase away at least the technical savvy IPhone users that aren't pleased with the stock "IPhone experience." The countless sheep who do not jailbreak their phone won't know the difference anyway and so they will remain on board with the evil empire. That is until Apple does something to piss them off also.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.

Messages In This Thread
Apple at it once again, bricking jailbroken IPhones? - by Pack3t SynAck3r - 25-08-2010, 06:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPads producing more traffic than iPhones Mark 4 11,379 13-10-2011, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Mr. President