Do you think Motorola should release the Droid 2 (UK) on a carrier?
Yes
100.00%
No
0%
4 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Motorola is doing wrong
(17-08-2010, 12:10 PM)Drumm Wrote: Jamie: I'd rather this not become yet another tangented thread.

I agree with what you said about the G1, at least in the UK, another phone that more or less didn't exist in advertising. I still jumped on with the phone. Lived through it's flaws. Scowled as phones with more memory got 2.*
Surely though, it is down to Motorola to try and make negotiations with these carriers? I am really starting to get annoyed with every carrier over here boasting about their iPhone and so many people having one. I don't blame them. It isn't their fault that they don't see any other options, and are too computer dumb to find anything better (I don't live in a city, it's quite country where I live, so most people use computers for MSN & FB)
I find it interesting that more than one carrier in the UK has the iPhone. AT&T has an exclusive contract with Apple here in the US. In other words if you want an iPhone you go through AT&T, period. AT&T only recently started selling android phones, and honestly they are locked down compared to equal phones on different carriers. They pretty much suck.

It is up to the carriers to get the negotiations done, period They are the ones who are ultimately responsible for the phones reaching the public. If the carriers didn't want to pay the price Motorola wanted, you can't blame Motorola for that. Verizon was more than happy to foot the bill for the design and manufacturing of the DROID and they turned out one bad ass phone IMHO. Really all the other android phone manufacturers except for HTC are garbage. The hardware is cheap and is probably sold cheap to the carriers. Android is still a relatively young platform and so you might have to be patient to get a really good kick ass phone over there with full functionality. Certainly the success over here in the states will eventually lead to at least one carrier contracting Motorola. The DROID 2 just came out over here and it is unbelievable.

**Side note**
Are you still on 1.* with you G1? T-Mobile in the states pushed out 2.01 for it almost a year ago. I just got my Froyo(2.2) for my DROID on Saturday and it is pretty nice. They crippled wifi-hotspot ability by default(you can pay and extra $15.00/month to get it activated by Verizon) Of course I can just root it and turn it on manually myself for free.....decisions, decisions.
@Rogue With respect to Drumm I politely decline to respond to your comment.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.

Messages In This Thread
What Motorola is doing wrong - by Drumm - 15-08-2010, 12:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tell me what's wrong? bigsharn 12 25,506 26-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Last Post: T3hRogue