• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mac Vs Win
(31-07-2010, 01:17 AM)de Baphomet Wrote: Just a correction, Linux is a kernel and not an operating system, GNU is basically the shell on top that makes it an operating system, hence GNU/Linux.

As for Jobs, I can tell he's been in the business of psychology for quite some time because while most salesmen understand few concepts of it, Jobs understands how to execute them enough to have people loyal for the sake of brand rather than quality (which the average person overestimates anyways, you set an anchoring point that Jobs has, the average person will be satisfied for having bought something more expensive and the lies of how good the product is, the person begins to believe it.)
Yes GNU/Linux is one of the clever recursive acronyms that Stallman is so notorious for(GNU not Unix). True Linux is not an operating system in itself but an operating system is nothing without its kernel, and how many O/S's have linux underneath the hood? Keep in mind I have been doped up on pain killers because I have an impacted wisdom tooth that isn't going to be removed until Tuesday and so my rant was a bit winded. Jobs is a snake-oil salesman, flat out. But he is a damn good one. But I don't respect people for their ability to sell something. I respect the product that someone is selling, and I don't care for OSX or any of the products that have spawned from it. Apple repackages the same product in different boxes and their loyal followers just keep on buying it. I am proud to say I don't own a single Apple product. The last Apple that any member of my family had was an Apple I and that was made by Wazniak himself. His initials were on the main board. After Waz got burned out and left Apple's "heyday" was over in my book. Looking back I realize that this is a mac vs win board and I just ranted on Apple oops. I did make a very brief mention though that I prefer win7x64 so I guess I just gave a really long rant to give my answer. Shit, I am ranting again, damn pain killers. EOF
(31-07-2010, 02:00 AM)T3hRogue Wrote: Now how would we be going about explaining this to a simpleton?

And we can't just say "Macs are bad because their leader is evil"

Or refer Star Wars

A simpleton will never understand anyway, so don't worry about it. I can say the third reich was evil because Hilter was their leader, so why not apply that here? If you want a detailed side by side comparison feel free to do it then my man, I don't own an OSX and I hate working on them when a customer of mine has one. Talking about Apple/Jobs is draining.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.

Messages In This Thread
Mac Vs Win - by T3hRogue - 29-07-2010, 11:56 PM