• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show Us Your Setup!
(12-11-2010, 02:15 PM)bigsharn Wrote: Meh, I've got my opinions, I dont see why people need to believe we were made by a higher power, and why we can't be an accident (we being humans ofc)... if God does exist then life Is like a game of The Sims and he's the 13 year old schoolgirl that's having a fucking good laugh at us amy $0.02

Heh. This thread is out of control and I posted my response here:
http://mcompute.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=534
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Getting back to a related note, I've got a NEW setup.

But my camera disappeared. Sad
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Get me all excited for this new picture then everything just went down. :unhappy
Here is the quickest photo I could take off my 12mp one, Ol' Reliable.
It's a shame none of it is actually fully turned on:

[Image: DSC00881.jpg]

TV = 32" SONY Bravia
Left monitor = 19" Undefined Tongue
Central monitor = 22" Topview cheapo thing which works well, shockingly
Speakers = Logitech 7.1 with Subwoofer under the desk
Desk = From IKEA
Central Keyboard = Logitech G19
Right Mouse = Logitech G9x (currently weighted @ 21g with soft cushion case and FPS profile set up to use 2400dpi)
PS3
Bottom left PC = Compaq thing from 2006 w/ 958MB of RAM and 2.73Ghz Single Core processor, don't make me into the graphics and whatnot because they are shite

Big Rig = i7 950 @ 3.07Ghz, 12Gb RAM @ 1595Mhz, NVIDIA GeForce 460, etc.

Any questions ask away
(03-03-2011, 12:16 AM)T3hRogue Wrote: Big Rig = i7 950 @ 3.07Ghz, 12Gb RAM @ 1595Mhz, NVIDIA GeForce 460, etc.

Any questions ask away

You have an i7 950 and you are running it at stock frequency? You should be able to bump that bitch up to at least 3.5Ghz without much of a problem. Have you attempted an overclock at all yet?
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
Nope, only just got a replacement part since I had a faulty stick of RAM. I plan to overclock it soon enough, so I'm not fussed. I don't need it overclocked atm, so it would just be a novelty
I think my poor processor needs a bit of overclock lovin'
(04-03-2011, 12:02 AM)T3hRogue Wrote: Nope, only just got a replacement part since I had a faulty stick of RAM. I plan to overclock it soon enough, so I'm not fussed. I don't need it overclocked atm, so it would just be a novelty

Nobody NEEDS to over-clock their processor. You do it because you can. That stock processor is mocking you, because it knows it is slacking and you are letting it. That sumbitch needs to be taught a lesson. I have gotten my neighbor's i7-950 up to 4.09GHz by doing nothing more than turning up the CPU Clock Ratio aka multiplier and a slight bump up in voltage on the CPU and memory. It raised the core temperature from 45 C under load to about 52 C. Once you overclock it, and get it running stable, you won't want to put it back to stock. Intel's have become pretty easy to overclock compared to what they used to be. If you ever decide to do it, just take it up nice and slow. Slightly tweak, test, repeat until satisfied. You should be able to get it up to 3.5Ghz by doing nothing more than increasing the multiplier, you won't even have to touch the voltage.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
I'll bear that in mind if I can be arsed to stop completing the stack of games sitting out of camera view and mess with the system, thanks Smile
@pack3t Where is it going to remember that lessen you taught it? In the bios? The cpu won't learn nothin! It'll be like watching 50 First Dates. The cpu doesn't even know what it is!

@rogue Oh, is that what you been doin?
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.