• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Top 10 Classic Muscle Cars (1960-1970)
The Top 10 Classic Muscle Cars

Muscle cars are awesome.
Often seen in Hollywood films, this helped increase their popularity, and who wouldn't want to own one? I mean, when it's next to another "car", I only see one car there.
Let's discuss the top 10 muscle cars which were launched in the 1960s and the 1970s. (Pretty pictures included)

1. The 1970 Buick GSX

The car had a beast of an engine that was fitted into a midsized body. The car had the body of the Buick Skylark. The model was well known in the year 1967 as one of those cars, which was available both as a convertible and a sedan. Another model of the car was launched in the year 1970 when it was given a 7.5 litre engine. This engine had the capability of producing a power of 400 bhp. The car was available in white and yellow colors which made the car very classic.

[Image: 1-1970-Buick-GSX.png]

2. The 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge

The car was launched keeping in mind the younger generation. The car was cheap and fast. It had the body of a midsized Tempest coupled with a 6.3 litre V8 engine. The car was very popular after it was launched and this for sure took the marketing team by surprise and they in 1969 launched another version which had an engine of 6.5 capable of producing a power of 366 bhp.

[Image: 2-1969-Pontiac-GTO-Judge.png]

3. The Dodge Challenger

The car was launched in the year 1970 and in the first year only made a bumper sale of 80,000 cars. The car was extremely popular from the time it was launched and this reflected by the number of cars it sold after its launch. This car introduced several models but the 7 litre Hemi engine was the one which struck the chord of success with the masses. This engine had the capability to produce a power of 425 bhp. The engine power in the later model was reduced and this is where the car lost the popularity that it enjoyed during its initial days.

[Image: 3-Dodge-Challenger.png]

4. Plymouth Barracuda

The Barracuda was launched in 1964 but it took more than six years to gain recognition and become popular. In the year 1970, the muscle car became very popular when it came with a 7.2 litre engine which had a power producing capacity of 390 bhp. The car was also introduced in another version where it came with a 7.0 litre Hemi Block and had the capacity to produce 425 bhp. This car was very popular for difficult handling in spite of a revamped suspension

[Image: 4-Plymouth-Barracuda.png]

5. Dodge Charger

The year 1966 saw the launch of the Charger and in the preceding its launch it sold around 37,000 cars. The car had a power producing capacity of 500 bhp and it came with a 7.0 litre hemi engine. The official rating said that the car could produce 425 bhp but in actual it was designed to produce more and this is one of the main reasons why the car became so popular. It only took the car five and a half seconds to reach a speed on 100 km/hr, (62 mph). the engine of the car was discontinued after 1972.

[Image: 5-Dodge-Charger.png]

6. The Plymouth Road Runner

The Plymouth Road runner was a no frill car and was made to be a fast car. The concentration in this car was on the engine and the speed. The car had a suspension system, a powerful steering system, and a 6.3 litre engine which could produce a power of 225 bhp. There was another version of the car which had a 7.0 litre engine.

[Image: 6-Plymouth-Road-Runner.png]

7. The 1967 Chevrolet Camaro

The most popular and exciting version of the Camaro was the Z28 though the customers had many other options also. The car had a 4.9 litre engine and a four speed manual gearbox apart from the brakes in the front which made the car great for racing.

[Image: 7-1969-Chevrolet-Camaro.png]

8. The 1966 Ford Fairlane GT

The car was launched by Ford in the year 1962 and it had an engine of 3.6 litres. In the year 1966, there were changes made to the car and then it was re-launched in 1966 with a 6.4 litre engine which could generate a power of 335 bhp. The car was a great performer and could reach the speed of 100 km/hr, (62 mph), in six seconds.

[Image: 8-1996-Ford-Fairline-GT.png]

9. The 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS

The new version of the Chevrolet Chevelle was launched in 1970. It had a 7.4 litre engine with 450 bhp power producing capacity, which could take the car to a speed of 100 km/hr, (62 mph), in flat six seconds.

[Image: 9-1970-Chevrolet-Chevelle-SS.png]

10. Oldsmobile 422

The car had a power producing capacity of 310 bhp. The car had twin exhausts and a four speed manual gear box. The car had improved springs, which made the handling better.

[Image: 10-Oldsmobile-422.png]

Thoughts?

What are the top ten UK muscle cars?
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Saw this thread..didn't even have to look at the poster to know who made it.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
Good one Latch.
I think he was being serious
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
No, I was poking fun. Americans love their cars and guns. We like drive fast to the place where we are going to shoot stuff.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Mark is suddenly an American?
(13-03-2011, 08:20 PM)T3hRogue Wrote: Mark is suddenly an American?

Nah, he's just a poser, and wants to be an American.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
(13-03-2011, 09:13 PM)Special Chris Wrote:
(13-03-2011, 08:20 PM)T3hRogue Wrote: Mark is suddenly an American?

Nah, he's just a poser, and wants to be an American.

I doubt that.
I. AM. LATCH.
Out of interest, why did you start with no. 1 Mark?

Surely you start from the bottom to build up tension?