• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Zeller, Programmer dead at 27 by his own hand
The following is as the subject suggests. I find it odd that they say he died from injuries sustained during a suicide attempt. Why not just say the poor bastard committed suicide? None the less, have a read. It gives you a glimpse into a brilliant, yet tortured mind. Included is his entire suicide note.

Article Link
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
I'd never heard of Bill until I read this article less than a week ago. I must say it's very sad. Just shows how messed up the world still is.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(11-01-2011, 01:45 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: The following is as the subject suggests. I find it odd that they say he died from injuries sustained during a suicide attempt. Why not just say the poor bastard committed suicide? None the less, have a read. It gives you a glimpse into a brilliant, yet tortured mind. Included is his entire suicide note.

Article Link

Yup. That's a dumb way of saying it- seems like some writers avoid being concise to bring up their word count, but those extra words are merely filler.

As the resident fundamental Christian around here, I feel compelled to respond to this due to the fact that his parents warranted enough hatred that he wanted to let the world know about it, though he didn't mention the child molester by name. Evidently, they deserved more punishment than he did in his mind.

My guess is that they were very judgmental and I don't know what is up with their racial attitudes. Neither of these are appropriate for Christians. We ARE to judge other Christians in determining whether we are to fellowship with them or not, but having a preoccupation with it is not healthy. There is no place for racism in society let alone Christianity. It's unfortunate that his family failed in providing for him.

His egregious parents in the suicide note give Christians a bad name, but that just goes to show you Christians aren't perfect either no matter how much they try to make you think they are.

This is a tragedy and it is sad that he never found anyone to help him- it is cliche to say, "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." but I've lived it. I was suicidal for longer than the oldest of you has been alive, but it's over now. Even a long time is temporary.

Boy, was that loquacious! Shut up, I'm just being affable!
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
(13-01-2011, 02:28 AM)latch Wrote:
(11-01-2011, 01:45 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: The following is as the subject suggests. I find it odd that they say he died from injuries sustained during a suicide attempt. Why not just say the poor bastard committed suicide? None the less, have a read. It gives you a glimpse into a brilliant, yet tortured mind. Included is his entire suicide note.

Article Link

Yup. That's a dumb way of saying it- seems like some writers avoid being concise to bring up their word count, but those extra words are merely filler.

As the resident fundamental Christian around here, I feel compelled to respond to this due to the fact that his parents warranted enough hatred that he wanted to let the world know about it, though he didn't mention the child molester by name. Evidently, they deserved more punishment than he did in his mind.

My guess is that they were very judgmental and I don't know what is up with their racial attitudes. Neither of these are appropriate for Christians. We ARE to judge other Christians in determining whether we are to fellowship with them or not, but having a preoccupation with it is not healthy. There is no place for racism in society let alone Christianity. It's unfortunate that his family failed in providing for him.

His egregious parents in the suicide note give Christians a bad name, but that just goes to show you Christians aren't perfect either no matter how much they try to make you think they are.

This is a tragedy and it is sad that he never found anyone to help him- it is cliche to say, "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." but I've lived it. I was suicidal for longer than the oldest of you has been alive, but it's over now. Even a long time is temporary.

Boy, was that loquacious! Shut up, I'm just being affable!

Although his molester was not mentioned by name, I think he sprinkled enough information to remind his family (who I believe probably already knows the perpetrator.) From his description I am assuming it is a person who had authority over him within his church. Pedophiles pop up in just about any situation where they can have children subservient in some way shape or form. Be careful who you leave your children with.

I do not necessarily think that the incidents speaks poorly to Christians, but moreover to organized religious organizations that are fanatical and hypocritical. Although you are certainly a true believer and a man of high faith(this I have no doubt), you can not deny that the printed "word of God" is quite often used as a mechanism of control by those with ill intentions. Or that people that are supposed to be teaching others proper ways to worship/think(in any human assembly) abuse their position of power within their respective organizations.

I am not offended by anyone's personal beliefs, be you atheist or Mormon, as long as you live your life with conscience. On our planet only humans are even capable of claiming a system of belief/non belief. It is easier for a sociopath to masquerade as a religious leader than it would be as an outspoken atheist mainly because of preconceived notions that society portrays. Society, especially when viewed in small sects, tends to trust a man who preaches "words of God" more than a man who claims there is no God. Although well publicized mishaps of religious leaders put under a microscope could change those preconceptions over time.

Bill's family was obviously ignorant to his plight, and even though he had horrible atrocities occur to him ultimately the thing that killed him, that his upbringing deprived him of, was the ability to cope. There are lots of people that have had bad shit happen to them, but they don't all commit suicide.

Quote:Although you are certainly a true believer and a man of high faith(this I have no doubt), you can not deny that the printed "word of God" is quite often used as a mechanism of control by those with ill intentions.

No I certainly won't deny that- see the movie, "Book of Eli"

Real Christianity is unique in this way- we have faith in the completed work of Christ. I and any other Christian are as much sinners as the rest of the world. The only thing that makes us different is that change that happens with no conscious effort of our own. Salvation is imperceptible to the person receiving it and the change is gradual.

I'm no better than anyone else and I sin every day several times a day and I'm a giant selfish jerk- this keeps me humble because I hate my sin.

I AM better looking than you people though.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
I find your last statement a lie.

Also, Book of Eli is a really good movie.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
(16-01-2011, 12:38 AM)Special Chris Wrote: I find your last statement a lie.

See? Case in point. Nothing gets past the eagle eye of tha redneck!
I. AM. LATCH.
(16-01-2011, 12:42 AM)latch Wrote:

Indeed. I see everything that needs be seein'.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
(16-01-2011, 05:58 AM)Special Chris Wrote:
(16-01-2011, 12:42 AM)latch Wrote:

Indeed. I see everything that needs be seein'.

We are American after all. All those haters can suck one.

Oh please, us Egyptians look way better with our tans and whatnot.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inventor of the Segway dead bigsharn 4 9,498 12-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Last Post: latch
  Real dead bodies found on Google street view Mark 10 18,357 18-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Craig
Information Bill Gates owns you, he stays No. 1 on the US rich list Mark 9 17,099 30-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Last Post: Special Chris