• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gah! My Laptop screen is cracked!
I got it that way from a client whose son got mad at it and punched it- It was spontaneously shutting down and he lost his temper.

My gain!

After removing the ten thousand screws that Toshiba used to hold that thing together, I took the motherboard out to the garage to spend some quality time with the air compressor. This time was used to remove the rug of shmegma that was jammed in the fins of the cpu cooler causing it to overheat.

On reassembly, I purposely omitted the reinstall of the screen and viola!
A headless laptop! Wee! See picture below!
[spoiler][Image: lap.jpg][/spoiler]

See my similar thread about the headless iMac:
http://mcompute.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=552

This thread was recycle from hf
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
So that's how the laptop ended up like that. I was wondering in the setup thread.

What's the spec of that thing?
(20-11-2010, 10:45 PM)Mark Wrote: So that's how the laptop ended up like that. I was wondering in the setup thread.

What's the spec of that thing?

That one is a 3.2ghz /512m ram and 60g hd

I used to use it as my main coding computer- another client gave me a better one so I use that one now. The headless is mainly used to backup DVDs I borrow from the library with dvd shrink to watch later at my leisure.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.