• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
mcompute meet.
Ok, well I've looked into it and the easiest way we can organise a meet is to mask it over as an event like a LAN party. We can meet otherwise but not with an open bar/in the middle of a city with a keg of Guinness that I may or may not have paid for...

There are a few places in York I know of that would be alright hosting something like that (bear in mind everyone will be over 18, wink wink), but somewhere closer to the M1 or A1M would probably be better for everyone, so any ideas in the north would be nice (There are no LAN parties between Coventry and Ayr, so anywhere between them is "the north", and we'd probably have a customer base here)

I can get sponsors and turn this into a proper LAN party for 16-32 guests so myself and Mark can make a bit of money on the side for advertising and next year's hosting fundage, or another similar meet. Bear in mind however much it'll cost to rent the room/hall/bus for a night will need to be split between anyone who goes and it will be a BYOC event (unless I can get some local gaming company to sponsor... but there are no local gaming companies really apart from WCUK and those other people I would't normally deal with)

What do we reckon?
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Sounds fun but I wouldn't be able to go Sad
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
We'd find some way around it... it has to be somewhere Mark can get to anyway so it may end up closer to you than me :p
As you do...
Too bad I am in the states. You all need to make sure Sharn drinks heavily and cam him singing/screaming "I would do anything for love." A timeless Meatloaf classic.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
I'd do that sober :p
As you do...
Bat Out of Hell was better
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Possible, but i think it'd probably be more practical when we raid an event that's already set up. We'll storm in with our mcompute polo shirts (well i will) then everything's there and we "pay" *cough* on the door and have an mcompute gaming team.
(08-08-2010, 08:55 PM)The Wing Wrote: Possible, but i think it'd probably be more practical when we raid an event that's already set up. We'll storm in with our mcompute polo shirts (well i will) then everything's there and we "pay" *cough* on the door and have an mcompute gaming team.

You should start selling Polos and t-shirts and shit like that! Some more money for yas ;D

That would be hilarious! I'd be the undercover doorman. So you don't have to "pay". :cool
[Image: Untitled-3.png?t=1281317974]
MSN= [email protected]
"With this, I declare a checkmate!"
Like Packet I'm in the states.

Is it wrong that I just remembered this forums was on a .co.uk domain?
Sell the polos and t-shirts Big Grin I would buy.