• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counter Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) release and cross-platform multiplayer!
Counter Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) release and cross-platform multiplayer!

Valve has announced a new game in the Counter-Strike series, called Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. (Which is already being abbreviated to CS:GO)

Set for release early 2012, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is being developed for PC, Mac, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360s.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will feature new maps, characters and weapons, according to the press release. It will deliver updated versions of classic Counter-Strike content too, such as de_dust, as well as new features such as leaderboards and matchmaking.

Quote:'Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999,'

Quote:'For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac.'

Confirmed after the initial statement, Valve has confirmed cross-platform multiplayer for CS:GO between PC, PlayStation 3 and Mac as well as both PlayStation Move and mouse and keyboard support for PlayStation 3 users.

Announced in an interview with Eurogamer, Valve founder Gabe Newell mentioned that the company has also considered trying to integrate Steamworks into the Xbox 360 version, but had struggled to convince Microsoft.

We all remember setting up CS 1.6 LAN matches on the school network, right?
COD ain't got shit on CS.

[Image: counterstrike-global-offensive.jpg]
One of the most anticipated games on 2012. Why they don't hurry up and get Half Life 3 out is still beyond me but there we are :p

It's amazing to think that this was in Orange Box, basically Valve's apology for cocking up Half Life 2 so badly :p Then again, HL:E2 and Portal also came from the same boxset, so it's not really a surprise Smile

On another note, I would love to see an updated TF2 and Garry's Mod for this Big Grin

Quote:We all remember setting up CS 1.6 LAN matches on the school network, right?
COD ain't got shit on CS.

College network for me... but yes, many an hour was spent kicking my tutor's arse :cool
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
HOW MUCH will it cost.

im ashamed to say ive never played counter strike. :/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Multiplayer PS3 Games.. Liekhus 1 14,629 08-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Mr. President
  Twitter app for the android platform? 4 10,731 05-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Drumm