• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple
Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple

We all knew this thread was coming...
Apple co-founder Steve Jobs has resigned as Chief Executive of Apple.

Steve hasn't been feeling too well this year, Jobs had been on medical leave since January 17 2011 as the result of an undiagnosed condition rumoured to be linked to a previous battle with pancreatic cancer, for which he had previously undergone a liver transplant.

Jobs wrote in a short open letter to Apple's board.
Quote:I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's chief executive, I would be the first to let you know'

Quote:'Unfortunately, that day has come. I hereby resign as chief executive of Apple...I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.'

The reaction to Jobs' resignation has been met with mixed reactions. While market analysts have described the move as 'unexpected', with BGC Financial's Colin Gillis telling the BBC that 'Tim Cook has been de facto chief executive for some time and the company has been hugely successful', the reaction elsewhere has been more panicked.

The company has revealed that current Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook will replace Jobs as Jobs will take the position of Chairman of Apple.

[Image: steve-jobs-resigns.jpg]
He was also ill in early 2010 (They reckon that was related to his Pancreas as well), we all knew he was going to give Apple up soon, it was just a matter of time.

Here's hoping Mr. Cook changes the reputation of Apple (and stops using suicidal Taiwanese workers to make their motherboards)
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
I agree Sharn, give the suicidal/murdered due to toxic chemical exposure people a break.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Also: Dom, why are you never on MSN anymore?
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Well.. I'm kinda in spain at this moment and time Wink As I'm sure Mark would tell you from my IP data.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
Indeed, Dom's connection appears to be coming from an IP address located in Spain. IT'S A TRAP, (we all know welsh people don't go to spain).
What if I was 5/8 English.. Could I go then?
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RIP Steve Jobs (1955-2011) Mark 19 36,535 13-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Mr. President