• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. To protect...
Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. To protect your computer, publisher will not open the file.

Backgroud Info
This issue occurs in Publisher 2007 when you try to open publications that seem to be damaged, that are altered in a malicious way, or that contain unexpected data.
To resolve this issue, you must add the PromptForBadFiles registry subkey. This subkey lets you open a publication after a message prompts you to verify that you want to open the publication.

Steps

1) Start > Run > regedit

2) Go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Publisher

3) In the box on the right, right click and create a new dword value and call it "PromptForBadFiles"

The values for the PromptForBadFiles subkey are as follows:

0: When this value is set, suspect publications are blocked. By default, the PromptForBadFiles subkey is set to 0 (zero).
1: When this value is set, you receive a message that prompts you to verify that you want to open the publication.

4) Modify the value and set it to 1 rather than 0.

5) Open up your publication that you've spent 3 days on.

6) Thank me then hang up.

At which point do I ring you? Also will this work on a publication from 5 days?
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
You're always ringing me, Mark have you seen this?, Mark what does that do?, Mark let me show you this thing. It works on any publication up to 26 days old.
Mark, what's that on your scrotum!
I was joking. What if your publication had actually become corrupted?
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
Well this isn't going to fix your file, it just gives you the option to open it or not rather that the default (aka don't open). Also It works on any age file, not 26 days. Confusedorry
The time thing was sarcastic more so. I am aware of the fact it will work at anytime.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CD / DVD drive not detected in OpenSuse 12.1 Mark 1 8,156 19-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Mark
  File ntkrnlpa.exe is open or in use by another program Mark 1 9,146 04-05-2012, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Pack3t SynAck3r
  Can't print word documents - Ambiguous name detected: TmpDDE Mark 2 11,899 11-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Mark