• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age o Page.
I was reading a webpage today and was curious if the info was out of date. I had read about a method of finding out some years ago so I did a search. I'm really putting this here for my own reference, but you can use it also and you may or may not comment if you like or not. If you don't not want to, please do.. or don't.

Code:
javascript:alert(document.lastModified)

Source:http://www.ehow.com/how_5097865_out-last-updated.html

Check the website's blog, if it has one. Unlike webpages, blog posts have dates. A blog post with a recent date doesn't necessarily mean that the website was updated on the same date but does indicate that the owner is still around. See if the owner has blogged about updating the website or needing to update the webpage.

Look at the page's copyright notice, often located at the bottom of a sidebar or in the footer of the page. It usually lists a date range that begins with the year the website was founded and ends with the current year. If it doesn't include the current year, this may indicate that the owner has forgotten to update the copyright or hasn't maintained the page since last year.

Let JavaScript do the work for you. Go to the page you are curious about, then copy and paste the following code (without the quotation marks) into the address bar: "javascript:alert(document.lastModified)." A popup should appear on your screen that includes the date and time the page was last changed.

Read the website's information carefully. On a website about an ever changing field such as medicine, fashion or technology, look for context clues that tell you about the time that the page was written. These clues include mentions of news scandals, pop culture references or scientific breakthroughs. The presence of outdated stories or research could indicate that the site has not been updated recently.

Contact the owner and ask how old the site's material is. You may make a new friend and find out even more information about your subject. If the owner doesn't respond, it may be a clue that the site is no longer actively maintained.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Umm.. How accurate is this? It's showing one of my other sites as being updated today - suspiciously within the same minute I tried the code.
(31-07-2011, 06:03 PM)Mark Wrote: Umm.. How accurate is this? It's showing one of my other sites as being updated today - suspiciously within the same minute I tried the code.

That's just code I use to pwn a website. Thanks for helping me with yours!
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.