• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone 4 Survives a 13,500 Foot Fall
iPhone 4 Survives 13,500 Foot Fall

We all, or have all heard stories of things getting smashed, especially the iPhone 4 with it's glass style. But do many people know of or have seen an iPhone 4 that has survived a deathly fall? One that you certainly wouldn't survive.

A skydiver's recent dive could have been the end to his iPhone 4. A 37 year old from Minnesota, submitted a report saying that his iPhone 4 survived a drop of 13,500 ft. His unzipped pocket of his skydiving gear was a mistake that would send his iPhone 4 diving to the earth - with no parachute.
Expecting to never find it again, McKinney was surprised that he was able to track his device using a GPS application. McKinney found his device sitting on a two-story building near where he landed with his parachute shortly after. Just as a joke, he decided to try to call someone from his shattered phone.. and it worked! Even though the phone's screen was entirely shattered, he had no problem using cellular data service for phone calls and the like.

The iPhone did however have minimal protection - an Incipio iPhone case. When the phone was found, the case was completely broken but still connected to the phone. Although the screen is totally busted, McKinney does plan on replacing the screen and will continue to use his iPhone 4.

Just sayin'

[Image: cnniphone413500fall.jpg]
I call bullshit.
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
(29-07-2011, 05:14 PM)bigsharn Wrote: I call bullshit.

I second that.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
I think it landed on a fat guy
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(29-07-2011, 04:31 PM)Mark Wrote: Just sayin'

Just sayin' what? Is this a commercial?
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.