Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

How could I become a college basketball coach without any previous coaching experienc
29-06-2011, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 07:21 PM by howtothings.)
How could I become a college basketball coach without any previous coaching experienc
I am 30 years old and have worked a corporate job ever since graduating from college. Because of my job and the path that I took in college, I do not have any coaching experience. As a 30 year old with a family, what is the best way to get started on my path to becoming a coach at the college level?
22-07-2011, 06:44 PM
RE: How could I become a college basketball coach without any previous coaching experienc
you could (bear in mind I am talking about UK equivalences) train for a LVL 2, preferably a LVL 3, as a lvl3 qualifies you to be a PT trainer however level 2 may just suffice you can then go to a college and offer your services voluntarily (which alas, means you get no pay (or very little)) whilst in the college performing sporting services, then after time you make yourself irreplaceable you suggest to the college that you step it up to a part time teaching assistant placement, which when you join you can do the PGCE in tandem whilst teaching.
I know that this advice leads to teaching, and not necessarily coaching. I don't know how specific you need it..

xx

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------