• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop for Dubstep.
I know I don't post on here much, and wasn't to sure where to put this BUT..

Over the past year or two I've been starting to like Dubstep quite a bit. So yesterday I went over to friends house and messed around with Fruity Loops and Reason, and learned a little bit, and made a few samples, etc. I was wondering if anyone could help me pick out a laptop that would be good enough to run the programs I need, so I can do it on the go, like on long car trips, and if I'm staying some place other than home. A big harddrive would be nice, but I can always buy an external.

Thanks.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
Fruity loops isn't an extremely heavy program in my experiences. It's not a heavy render thing, If you wanna make anything big, I'd make sure you have a good amount of RAM though.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
I've used Reason before, to make music though, not dubsteb.

Propellerheads Reason System Specifications
http://www.propellerheads.se/products/re...quirements

Quote: Windows XP SP2, Vista or Windows 7
Processor: Intel P4 / AMD Athlon XP or better
Memory: 512 MB RAM minimum, 1 GB recommended
Screen resolution: 1024x768
2 GB free hard disk space
DVD reader
16-bit windows compatible audio card, preferably with DirectX or ASIO drivers
Recommended: MIDI keyboard with built-in MIDI interface, or MIDI keyboard and MIDI interface

Basically, any machine from the past 5 years.

What's your budget and we can have a better look for you.

:thumbs
Probably around $500-600. Don't wanna spend too much.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
I'll tell you thhe same thing here as I told you on MSN... Get an Acer or Lenovo/IBM

Lenovo G560

Acer Aspire 4460

The Lenovo will last a lifetime, but the Acer is a decent build quality and better specs, it's up to you which you prefer... Neither has a MIDI port though so if you get an external input device, it'll have to be USB.
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Would you not rather go with this Asus over that Acer?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834230060

1GB more memory, with a max of 8GB supported AND 3MB of L3 Cache instead of 1MB L2.. and it's the same price.
It's an Asus, Mark... Have you ever dealt with Asus on a professional level? They're nightmarish and they don't keep their drivers on file if the laptop is 18+ months old.
As you do...
Unfortunately I work with a lot of machines "professionally", a machine is a machine, I do my job and I do it well. Also, it's a better specced machine for the same price.
It's a pity that in your professional expertise, laptops aren't covered.

"If it were me I'd of just thrown the laptop out the window... I don't touch laptops"
^^ Mark earlier today
As you do...
I would go with the Lenovo. They really hold us well. They have a better build. Even if they are a bit more, I would think that the life of the machine would justify the cost increase. You may also check on the ramifications if you are using some system that might require schlage security credentials. Just a thought.