• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access and share files on your Android device over a network with Samba Filesharing
Access and share files on your Android device over a network with the "Samba Filesharing" App

Description
Access your Android device over WiFi as you would with a Windows shared folder.

Features
* Samba server for Android.
* Your Android device becomes visible computers on your network.
* The 'external' storage in your Android device, (Being your SD card), is accessible as a network shared folder.
* Copy files and folders to and from your Android device using drag and drop.
* Customisable username, password, Windows workgroup name, and device network (NETBIOS) name.

Requirements:
* Your Android device must already be rooted.
* Superuser 2.3.6.2 or later installed (available on Market).

Notes:
* On the first run, make sure you catch the SuperUser Auth request to allow the Samba Filesharing app root access.
* If an update from an earlier version fails, try a full uninstall (either from the application manager of your Android device, or the file sharing app 'Menu -> Settings -> Uninstall' option), then re-install from Android Market.
* If you experience problems accessing your device, be sure to try all three methods: Network browser, specifying \\name, then \\ipaddress.
* HTC owners: Due to a bug in the wifi setup utility (supplicant) in some HTC Android releases, your device may not appear in Windows Network Browser or be accessible as \\name. Access using \\ipaddress instead.
* You may see 'com.funkyfresh.samba' remain in the Android process list even though you have disabled it from auto-starting. This is normal - whenever the WIFI interface transitions up/down the app needs to run temporarily to check its settings as to whether it should start/stop the filesharing server, after that, it's done. Android will kill the inactive process if your device is running low on memory, otherwise the process remains inactive in memory for faster loading next time you launch it.

[Image: samba-filesharing-android-app-01.png] [Image: samba-filesharing-android-app-02.jpg] [Image: samba-filesharing-android-app-03.jpg] [Image: samba-filesharing-android-app-04.png]

The Application has the following permissions on your device.

Network communication
Full Internet Access
Allows an application to create network sockets.

Storage
Modify / Delete USB storage contents modify / delete SD card contents
Allows an application to write to the USB storage. Allows an application to write to the SD card.

System tools
Prevent device from sleeping
Allows an application to prevent the device from going to sleep.

Troubleshooting & further info:
http://tinyurl.com/SAtroubleshoot
Tested, works. Heavy on your battery (unsurprisingly) Using this last night and I watched my battery drop 2% in a blink. No issues on my HTC Desire HD running CyanogenMod. How did you take the screenshots for this may I ask?
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!