• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select Minecraft Offline Server username
I run a SMP server, so that me and a friend can multiplayer. It interested me as to whether I could work out how to choose your own username when connecting to the server. The first step is very simple.
Go to the directory where your server is kept (minecraft_server.jar/exe) and open the server.properties with a text editor of your choice (Nano, Nom<3) Then change the online-mode line from
[code=bash]online-mode=true[/code]
to
[code=bash]online-mode=false[/code]

Now, for the client. You need to save the code below into a file (file.sh for mac/linux, file.bat for windows). Please use the version appropriate to your OS.
Then execute it as file.sh DesiredUsername

Linux/(Mac? - I have no way to test. ) :

[code=bash]java -cp ~/.minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar:~/.minecraft/bin/lwjgl.jar:~/.minecraft/bin/lwjgl_util.jar:~/.minecraft/bin/jinput.jar: -Djava.library.path=~/.minecraft/bin/natives -Xmx1024M -Xms512M net.minecraft.client.Minecraft $1[/code]

Windows (May not work, haven't had a chance to test yet)
[code=bash]java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -cp "%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\*" -Djava.library.path="%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft '"'%1'"'[/code]

If the windows code works, post. If not post, and I'll try and work it out. Or boot into the dreaded windblows.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Fanboy.
I'm going to find a way to profit from it though.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
That's what Steve Jobs said.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Minecraft For Beginners/Noobs! Clones 1 6,812 11-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Mark
  Minecraft ! Fireren 6 12,584 09-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Drumm