• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromebook!
idk i kinda like the idea but it seems to be missing a few thing i like, could you download torrents to some sort of online storage and then use a chromebook to watch them online(does that make sense?)

Edit: ------------>IS THERE ANY WAY I COULD PIRATE STUFF ON A CHROMEBOOK?<------------

[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]
You could download torrents to online storage. Easily. But not onto the Chromebook itself.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(13-05-2011, 05:31 PM)Drumm Wrote: Well you have no HDD, so no, not really.

Surely you have a HDD for the OS. Wipe shiteos or chromeos as it's sometimes known, install WINDOWS. :roll Then you're hot to trot.
Shutup Mark. Nobody asked your walls opinion. It was mentioned by someone else there was no HDD. I haven't even checked it. The CR-48 had HDD space.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
Mark > Other people. *damn stupid non techy people saying there's no hdd*
I looked back. My mistake. I dunno what I was thinking when I said no HDD. I haven't been with it this week.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
I think your both great!

P.S.

the baby i got now still has 1 mabye 2 years left by then i'll have more info to go on. It sounds interesting though, its cool you could still torrent in a way sort of.
[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]
I don't like the thought of all my personal files being stored on googles servers.
(13-05-2011, 09:58 PM)Mark Wrote:
Quote:mmmmm Good point, when i am off line i always have tons of downloaded torrents to keep me busy.

Not on the "chromebook", you can't do ANYTHING offline.

If you put the chromebook into dev mode it is possible to access the hard drive through the terminal. It is a bit of a shame having a 16GB solid state drive that still awaits a purpose. The CR-48 has a lot of haters and rightfully so. But it is merely a work in progress that is not ready for public consumption yet. Google has the unique ability to catapult linux to a level on par with windows and Mac's many abominations. Google doesn't give a fuck about people that think it sucks. It is nothing more than a foundation. The multi-tiered boot-time OS validity checks are unparalleled and other than amongst the hardcore low level fanatics (such as myself) it has not gotten the attention it deserves.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.