• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple releases iOS 4.3 for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
Apple releases iOS 4.3 for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad

Today, (Wednesday 9th March 2011), Apple released iOS 4.3, available on the iPhone 4, the iPhone 3GS, the iPad and third and fourth generation iPod touch.

It was first available as a developer beta almost two months ago, but the update is now readily available to all users for free via iTunes.
A handful of new features have been introduced with the release of iOS 4.3 including AirPlay for all third-party apps and personal hotspot support. The AirPlay feature first appeared in iOS 4.2, allowing Apple’s iOS applications to stream audio, video, and photo slideshows to a second-generation Apple TV.

iOS 4.3 also brings support for creating a personal hotspot, another increasingly popular feature among other smartphones and one that appeared first in the Verizon iPhone 4. This feature allows your iPhone 4 to act as a portable Wi-Fi router for up to five devices, powered by the device’s wireless data connection (you can connect up to three devices via Wi-Fi, three via Bluetooth, and one with a USB cable).

iTunes Home Sharing, another iOS 4.3 addition that announced last week allows iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad users to stream any of their iTunes media from a Mac or PC on the same Wi-Fi network.

Apple also seems to have relented to user unrest after changing the behavior of the iPad’s side switch. Since the iPad shipped almost a year ago, its side switch acted as a a display rotation lock. When Apple released iOS 4.2 last November, it changed the switch from a rotation lock to a mute switch, without even offering an option to change it back. Under iOS 4.3, the switch will still default to muting audio, but Apple added a new preference to the Settings app to let users enable the rotation lock behavior instead.

Other updates supposedly include making Safari’s JavaScript performance up to twice as fast as well as fixing a number of security issues.

[Image: Apple-iOS-4.3.png]

Yet my life carries on ..
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Dom is so happy now! Bet you can't wait to get your hands on it.
Oo. Yes :|
I'll be loading it onto DesireHD later..
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
(10-03-2011, 06:09 PM)Drumm Wrote: Oo. Yes :|
I'll be loading it onto DesireHD later..

Dom is so happy now! Bet you can't wait to get your hands on it.
Right stop. Now. Please. Stop. Stop. Stop.
You're really beginning to upset me. Stop copying Mark. BOT! BOT!
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
Wait, if we hit at zero, eight hundred hours, Dom you go in from the south and I'll perform the 45% north eastern front. CHARGEEEE! *BAN HAMMA*
Yay Gone!
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Get Cydia on Ipod Touch 2nd Gen (3.1.2 Jailbreak) Jamez247 7 26,901 22-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Last Post: norm17
  The iPad 2 is here! Apple, have my money! Mark 2 7,556 12-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Mark
  [iPhone][Explanation] Symbols on the back of the iPhone Mark 0 6,660 13-02-2011, 04:29 PM
  [iPhone] 4.*.* Firmware bug. [Apple FAIL] Mark 1 7,559 11-02-2011, 12:25 AM
  [Apple] The new Apple TV can be jailbroken. (SHAtter) Mark 0 3,818 04-10-2010, 08:28 PM