• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner Weightlifting
Beginner Weightlifting

Well, I've not so long ago started weightlifting.

I started doing simple dumbbell curls, noticed progress but then lost interest when I moved onto Bench pressing.

My current "workout"

10 x 30KG warm up
10 x 40KG warm up
5 x 50KG 'til fail
10 x 30KG 'til fail warm down

I know at least one person here lifts weights and I have a feeling that at least one other does or did. I was wondering what you thought of my current set?
Or if anyone is thinking of starting!

End of year target: 100KG.
(27-02-2011, 11:17 PM)Mark Wrote: Beginner Weightlifting

Well, I've not so long ago started weightlifting.

I started doing simple dumbbell curls, noticed progress but then lost interest when I moved onto Bench pressing.
I started lifting light, I'm not going to shock you with the weight. :redcheeks But I've certainly progressed.

My current "workout"

10 x 20KG warm up
10 x 30KG warm up
10 x 40KG warm up
5 x 50KG 'til fail
10 x 20KG/30KG warm down

I know at least one person here lifts weights and I have a feeling that at least one other does or did. I was wondering what you thought of my current set?
Or if anyone is thinking of starting!

That's pretty good for one arm! I would have difficulty keeping up!
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Do you lift weights everyday?

Also, I'm not much into using dumbbells, so I usually just use a weight bar, load it with weights, and start doing curls that way. Anyway, your current set is pretty good, if your doing the exercises right, and drinking lots of water..water is important. If your trying to get ripped/toned, you should also start running, or other cardio exercises, but I'm sure you already knew that.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
Quote:That's pretty good for one arm! I would have difficulty keeping up!

The arm is certainly a limiting factor here, sadly! You are very modest, I've seen pictures of yourself and one's past employment I'd think would encourage you in to performing such workouts.

Quote:Do you lift weights everyday?

Also, I'm not much into using dumbbells, so I usually just use a weight bar, load it with weights, and start doing curls that way. Anyway, your current set is pretty good, if your doing the exercises right, and drinking lots of water..water is important. If your trying to get ripped/toned, you should also start running, or other cardio exercises, but I'm sure you already knew that.

No, it's not good to lift everyday, at least not using the same muscles as the muscles grow when they're resting. I've started training 3 times a week, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, (So far, only using the bench). As the bench mainly targets your chest I suppose I could do some dumbbell work on an off day.

I feel the same, I do a few reps using dumbbells but I just don't have a liking to it. Barbell curls (using the bar, standing curls) target the biceps as well though.
I was working on "toning" up first before building on strength - I didn't know about running, would this counter act as I'm planning on bulking a little.
I worked out enough in the army- now it's time for me to get fat!
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
I believe Latch has misunderstood. That isn't one arm, he switched to bench pressing with barbells.

However, You can work out everyday. As long as you target a different muscle group, the exception to this is abs. Abs can be worked everyday (Even if you feel sore)
I myself don't own any weights heavier than 20KG, but when I used to train on a Monday at rugby, I was lifting 60-65KG. I am the other person Mark knows that lifts weights.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Your target should be to replace your 30/40 KG warm up with the 70KG weight. So you'd have a heavier overall weight.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
(28-02-2011, 05:22 AM)Mark Wrote:
Quote:That's pretty good for one arm! I would have difficulty keeping up!

The arm is certainly a limiting factor here, sadly! You are very modest, I've seen pictures of yourself and one's past employment I'd think would encourage you in to performing such workouts.

Quote:Do you lift weights everyday?

No, it's not good to lift everyday, at least not using the same muscles as the muscles grow when they're resting. I've started training 3 times a week, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, (So far, only using the bench). As the bench mainly targets your chest I suppose I could do some dumbbell work on an off day.

I feel the same, I do a few reps using dumbbells but I just don't have a liking to it. Barbell curls (using the bar, standing curls) target the biceps as well though.
I was working on "toning" up first before building on strength - I didn't know about running, would this counter act as I'm planning on bulking a little.

I know its unhealthy to lift everyday. I was just seeing if you knew that, honest.

Anyway, from what I've always been told, running is a very important thing to do when your building muscle, or getting into shape. It's also suppose to make you less sore, which is true. And I've been running and lifting at the same time and I've gained weight, so no it won't really stop you from gaining, or bulking as you called it.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
You put more weight on but you tone up. People aren't actually concerned with their weight, only with the shape. Weight is just a way to put a number to it. I weigh 12 and a half stone. But I am not fat, anymore.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
Thats cool! by necessity i run to and from work but after that the rest of the day i am a vegetable lol
[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]