• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to WiFi setup
I'm just wondering how to share my connection to selected people only around the perimeter of the wifi signal. Does anybody know how to add additional security fir Wifi? :ermm
Based off of your needs I'd suggest implementing MAC filtering. Every computer or device in the world including laptops and mobile phones have a unique MAC address. If the devices you select aren't in your allowed list then they won't be able to connect to the network.
(18-02-2011, 05:20 PM)Mark Wrote: Based off of your needs I'd suggest implementing MAC filtering. Every computer or device in the world including laptops and mobile phones have a unique MAC address. If the devices you select aren't in your allowed list then they won't be able to connect to the network.

MAC filtering isn't bad, and it will keep the honest people off of the network. If someone obtains your wireless key though they can passively monitor different machines that are connected. When one of the connected machines bandwidth usage is idle you can hop right on by spoofing your MAC to match the computer that is already approved. If you are in a hurry you can flood the auth'd machine with spoofed AP authorization requests, which will knock them off.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show us your network setup Mark 8 19,466 13-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Last Post: latch
  Asus P5Q setup - Pics :) Mark 4 11,588 31-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Drumm