• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
of Elmer
Would have*
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
If you're very active in using Firefox then It can be a sloth, but what It can deliver is just phenomenal. I find the bigger hitter to be things such as Youtube videos, but on an average day I have 3 Windows each containing multiple tabs and It's fine.
I dislike graphics cards, they go too hot and cause too many problems! Improvisation has stepped in well here.
(28-02-2011, 09:51 AM)Drumm Wrote: I would of blamed the combination of 512MB of ram and Firefox..

In November, I built another computer with a capture card to transfer 8mm video tape to digital. I stole some memory out of my main box for that computer to aid the dvd authoring software in the other box. Then that box became a media pc connected to the large tv downstairs. The memory has not made it back to my main box yet. What this means is that my main box on the main monitor with my main browser(firefox) has been running for 3 months in the current configuration- this says something about my ability to keep a crippled box running and the best part is.. I 'm humble about it!

I think firefox has been acting wonky lately(By this I mean only a couple weeks) because of certain changes in surfing habits. I'm fairly certain flock is built off of firefox so it didn't surprise me when it did the same thing. But the lock up was something else entirely and if it were to continue, it would demand action.

Firefox runs in the middle, IE runs on the left, Opera runs on the right, and flock and safari run on the top.
[spoiler][Image: desktop.jpg][/spoiler]

This next Statement will be severely off topic from welcoming Elmer:
Today, I am effectively charging someone $120 to change their motherboard battery!
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.