• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TweetDeck sold to "UberMedia" for..
TweetDeck sold to "UberMedia" for..

TweetDeck, which is the most popular third-party Twitter client, has been purchased by UberMedia.
UberMedia already own apps such as Echofon, Twidroyd and UberTwitter, their acquisition of TweetDeck places control of about 20 percent of tweets sent daily under a single company. They reportedly paid $30 million for TweetDeck.

That such a large portion of Twitter’s functionality is now controlled by Gross’s company puts UberMedia at odds with Twitter itself.
Especially when you consider that Twitter has yet to develop a business plan that actually makes money off of the service’s 200 million users.

It has been reported this week that Google and Facebook have both engaged in talks to acquire Twitter itself for between $8 billion and $10 billion.
That high a valuation presumably played into how much UberMedia payed for TweetDeck, which relies on Twitter for its survival.

I personally think that Bill Gross paid way too much for TweetDeck but it just goes to show how much money there actually is in the mobile and app industry!

mcompute's twitter page

[Image: tweetdeck-logo.png]
I don't think he paid enough for TweetDeck. TweetDeck is currently the most popular twitter client around, it's on every modern platform, both mobile and desktop. UberMedia buying it really puts it at risk if you ask me. I hope that nothing happens to our sweet client. Especially the Android version as it is even more popular than their version: Twidroyd.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!