• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I WANT IT! :'( (Part 6)
Back to normal for this edition, just completely random crap that nobody can actually afford (but most people on here will probably want)

1. A musical Tesla coil

Now I'm sure most people have seen videos of the musical Tesla coil.

But most people don't realise you can actually buy them premade, here. As impressive as it'd be to play concerts with this hooked up to a midi keyboard (or midi guitar, for that matter) hauling it around would be difficult, as these things go up to 44" tall and 28" wide, and doesn't come apart.

1-and-a-half. A not-so-musical Tesla Coil

As above, but slightly cheaper and needing a bit more juice (think 2,400W to power the beast). It's the same site hence the "and-a-half" bit in the subtitle.

2. Panasonic 3D camcorder

3D cameras have been around for years now (Yes, I mean the blue and red glasses type) but for the first time, there's a decent consumer based version that records in 1080p, I give you the Panasonic HDC-SDT750EB, catchy name and all.

Family memories in 3D, coming up with homemade films, shooting other homemade films (this IS a family forum after all). All good for a bit of fun.

3. Sony's OLED TV

Now this is something I never mentioned from CES (mainly because I had it planned for this feature) but Sony is currently working on a full HD 27" OLED TV. Usually I give new technology a "meh" but this is something special, for those who don't know what OLED is there's an article in the works at the moment to explain (Or you could just Google it, as Pack3t will no doubt point out). Either way they should hurry up with this, get it into production and then I can post a link to where you'd actually buy it (like I usually would in these articles).
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Partly by request of Sean.

I <3 Tesla Coils.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!

Quote:Now this is something I never mentioned from CES (mainly because I had it planned for this feature) but Sony is currently working on a full HD 27" OLED TV.
Are you aware this link goes to the 2009 CES? How is it that this occurs with you on such a regular basis? You are special.
Quote:
Usually I give new technology a "meh" but this is something special, for those who don't know what OLED is there's an article in the works at the moment to explain (Or you could just Google it, as Pack3t will no doubt point out). Either way they should hurry up with this, get it into production and then I can post a link to where you'd actually buy it (like I usually would in these articles).

(I would have left this alone, but you just HAD to name drop me)
Why bother reading a professional review of someone with an intricate knowledge of electrical-engineering that actually has had hands on experience with the product, when we can read your breakdown of the product's functionality? I can't wait to read your explanation how 6th dimensional electricity courses through its circuits and makes pretty pictures on a screen that is flexible, low in power consumption and comes in different sizes which you will inevitably relate via the sizes of your favorite penises.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
And again I'm proven correct.

I never actually said anywhere in the post it was this year's CES, hence in the article I mention them hurrying up with getting it into production.

And believe it there are people on this forum that are (to be kind) a bit slow, hence doing a breakdown. Every article on mcompute is designed to attract more people to the site (whether that be in search engines or from members recommending they look at an article), writing a noobs' guide to current future technologies is another way of doing so.
As you do...
(15-01-2011, 01:10 PM)bigsharn Wrote: And again I'm proven correct.
Random statement, I expect nothing less from you.
Quote:I never actually said anywhere in the post it was this year's CES, hence in the article I mention them hurrying up with getting it into production.
Right..... somehow I doubt you even noticed the year was 2009 until it was pointed out to you. You have been called many things, but I doubt detail oriented is one of them. Why should they run into production with something that has a ridiculous cost? Nobody is screaming for the availability when the cost per inch is about 5 times higher than current LCD technology. Is it cool? Of course. Are there a lot of people out there that are going to fork out the money necessary with the economy the way it is? Highly unlikely.
Quote:And believe it there are people on this forum that are (to be kind) a bit slow, hence doing a breakdown.
If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what it is. Who is it you deem slow on this forum? Perhaps you would care to give a list of all who are slow (Special Chris does not count)
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
(15-01-2011, 06:17 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: Right..... somehow I doubt you even noticed the year was 2009 until it was pointed out to you.

No I never, but I fail to see your point. I never said it was this year's CES.

(15-01-2011, 06:17 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: Why should they run into production with something that has a ridiculous cost? ... Is it cool? Of course. Are there a lot of people out there that are going to fork out the money necessary with the economy the way it is? Highly unlikely.

Maybe not a lot of money but unless I'm mistaken Panasonic released a 103" TV, now I've never intended forking out £5k for the priveledge of owning one, but some people obviously did.

(15-01-2011, 06:17 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: Perhaps you would care to give a list of all who are slow (Special Chris does not count)

Mark isn't the brightest button and Drumm is a sandwich short of a picnic, after some of the conversations we've had that's being kind... Of course excluding Chris.
As you do...