• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jailbreak iPhone 3G and 3GS untethered Jailbreak
Now peeps, this is the Jailbreak for all your iPhones 3G and 3GS
this will be a step by step guide on Jailbreaking your iPhone

Disclaimer: I apologize for any spelling mistakes and/or ensuing grammar mistakes, but hey I've had two vodka and cokes and its 00:35 so Tongue

Serious Disclaimer: Note for iPhone 3G and 3GS Jailbreakers: Do NOT upgrade to the stock iPhone 3.1.3 if you you want to keep your unlock as doing so will result in upgrade of your baseband, which will make it almost impossible for you to unlock. This is strictly for those who are either on official supported carrier like AT&T, or have already upgraded to 3.1.3 and are stuck with it.

Step: 0
Save your SHSH files, Its not needed for the Jailbreak but you will want to restore back to it, when Apple eventually gets round to patching the exploit.

Step: 0.1
How to save you SHSH, [ECID SHSH], Download the latest version of AutoSHSH Here

Step: 0.2
Start the program and plug in ONE iDevice [iPhone] In Recovery Mode [To Do this, Turn off your device and hold down the HOME button while connecting the USB cable until you see "Connect to iTunes" message and logo on iPhone.

Step: 0.3
Click on "Grab my SHSH Blobs Automatically". It will Take a few mins to grabs the signatures and it will ask you to save it locally. Make sure you keep it if you want to re-downgrade your iPhone for further Jailbreaking. Auto SHSH will also automatically upload the signature file to Saurik's Server [The guy who Owns Cydia]

Step: 1
[this should have been mentioned before step 0, but it woulda got confuzing with step -1 XD] INSTALL ITUNES Preferably the latest one Big Grin ERM, here is Apple - Itunes 9.1.1 Download

Step: 2

You Will need the official iPhone OS 3.1.3
For iPhone 2G iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw
For iPhone 3G iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw
For iPhone 3GS iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw

Step: 3
Download A program Called "Spirit" It is very much alike "Blackra1n"
Download WIN here or Rapidshare Mirror Link
Download OSX here or Rapidshare Mirror Link

Step: 4
Connect iPhone with your computer, Run "Spirit" and click on jailbreak

/STARTNOTE
for WIN 7/Vista Users [OS X Users Resume to Step 5]
News say that there seems to be an issue with the compatibility, therefore a solution has been found: Change the “Compatibility mode” to “Windows 98 / Windows Me” by right clicking on “Spirit.exe”, and then click on “Properties”
oh, and make sure you run the program as administrator XD that kinda helps
/ENDNOTE

Step: 5
Wait.
Its not hard to do, but most amount of people screw it up at this stage. As they think its frozen or stopped. It most likely hasn't. Don't fret.
Wait till "Jailbreak Complete" Message And Your iPhone Should Automatically Reboot

Step: 6
Celebrate, as you shall see Cydia in your list of apps Big Grin

Disclaimer This guide is meant for testing and educational purposes only, if things cock up and resulting in lost data and/or iPhone. Admittedly I shall endeavour to help anyone who experiences this, as I tend to feel guilty as i know the pain....

Also, If This Helped Show Your Appreciation Big Grin it took time Big Grin and love Big Grin and lots of coffee

-*************-
Step: 2 XX
Do this only if you want version 3.1.2 On your iPhone
3.1.2 For 2G iPhone iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
3.1.2 For 3G iPhone iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
3.1.2 Fpr iPhone 3GS iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
I was expecting this to be Spirit. Spirit seems to be the easiest tool to use at the moment. I do want to know though, is it possible to run it off of a USB drive? (I'm planning on running a jailbreaking business and if I could just put in a USB, run Spirit and it would work, that would be great)
I imagine you could, assuming the memory stick had the capacity. I've seen Ubuntu and Chrome ran off the same memory stick, along with a LANSchool hacking software (which turns out it doesn't work) and several other programs
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
(10-06-2010, 09:44 PM)de Baphomet Wrote: I was expecting this to be Spirit. Spirit seems to be the easiest tool to use at the moment. I do want to know though, is it possible to run it off of a USB drive? (I'm planning on running a jailbreaking business and if I could just put in a USB, run Spirit and it would work, that would be great)

Firstly, Tut tut for making a profit out of free software... :nono
secondly, the primary issue would be that you need the latest version of itunes on the computer you are using, else it will not recognise the iDevice.
The only other conflicts i can think are USB interrupts, if your computer can read/write on two USB drives easily and also general processing ability of your flash drive....
give it a try, but to all who pay you to jailbreak i will do it for free [food bribes accepted] Big Grin
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
I've never used or heard of this program before but if you installed it on the USB then just ran the shortcut, assuming the PC you was on you're admin it should be OK.

Failing then, you can take a netbook and use that. (Not very portable but..)
Haha, Warlord, making profit out of other people's ignorance is how everyone makes money. Sure the software is free, but the other kids don't know about it. I've already had one kid offer to pay me to jailbreak his iPod and I didn't tell him anything other than it was easy.

Also, chances are you aren't even in my state so you can't jailbreak it for them Tongue
(11-06-2010, 09:49 PM)de Baphomet Wrote: Haha, Warlord, making profit out of other people's ignorance is how everyone makes money. Sure the software is free, but the other kids don't know about it. I've already had one kid offer to pay me to jailbreak his iPod and I didn't tell him anything other than it was easy.

Also, chances are you aren't even in my state so you can't jailbreak it for them Tongue

If I was angry enough I'd soon do it though t'internet xD
Though I don't approve of you're profit making - I commend the initiative Smile
Well no need to worry, chances are there will be no profit making.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up in-app Purchase iPhone For Jailbreak Only cloud02 0 5,995 08-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Last Post: cloud02
  How To Get Cydia on Ipod Touch 2nd Gen (3.1.2 Jailbreak) Jamez247 7 27,098 22-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Last Post: norm17
  How to Jailbreak an iPhone 3G on 4.2.1 using RedSn0w for Windows Mark 0 32,098 21-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Mark
  JAILBREAK IPAD 3.2 [using Windows+OS X] WARLORDTF 6 17,768 14-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Drumm
  [iPhone][Explanation] Symbols on the back of the iPhone Mark 0 6,693 13-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Mark