• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just picked up an iPhone 3G.
I've just picked up an iPhone 3G and to be honest here, i have no idea how these things work.

A mate of mine has already Jailbroken it but I'm not sure of the method he used. It seems successful and Cydia is installed but it's locked to 02 and i'm on T-Mobile. As with anything i own and have my teeth in, I wish to understand how these things tick, what does what and how to pull some stings.

Here's some info that i've picked up from the phone under settings.

Version: 3.1.3 (7E18)
Carrier: 02 5.0
Model Firmware: 05.14.02

I'm sure this is of importance.

I know, i'm sorry! It's Apple. :roll
One link for you mark: http://www.redmondpie.com/install-androi...iphodroid/

Also; Go to HELL

Love you really.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Drumm! I already have an Android phone.
Then have another.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
Put it back down again.
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
If it is jailbroken, the "custom ROM" that is flashed, To put it into Android terms for you, can be downloaded in the form of an ipsw iirc. Also the stock ipsw's can be downloaded. Find the links, unzip it, and you've got access to what can be flashed to your iPhone.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
SHARN! Anyway, my Android phone is playing up, hanging, being slow and it's time for a change - to be successful in IT you need to know a thing or two about a wide range of subjects whether you like it or not.

After half the night reading, my Baseband (BB) of 05.14.02 is uncrackable as of yet, and you can't go back eg downgrade to something that is such as 05.13.04 that can be cracked by Ultrasn0w. So, the only possible way out i can see as of yet is to upgrade to 06.15.00 which can be cracked, but then i'm stuck up high..
OK, like most things i start i've cracked this. I restored and updated the firmware to 4.2.1 from 3.1.3 then using redsn0w, jailbroke it and updated the baseband to 06.15.00. Then from cydia installed ultrasn0w which then unlocked the baseband to all networks.

Job done. Thread locked.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [iPhone][Explanation] Symbols on the back of the iPhone Mark 0 6,660 13-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Mark