• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find your original install date and time (XP)
Find your original install date and time (XP)

A quick tip on how to find various information about your system including the original install date.

Steps
  • Start
  • Run
  • CMD
  • systeminfo | find /i "install date"

Your outcome will be in the following format
Original Install Date: 26/05/2010, 18:17:35

Optionally, you can run the "systeminfo" command and it'll display a lot more information such as uptime, Domain, Windows directory etc.

Note: I'm pretty sure this only works in XP Pro.
Confirmed working in W7 Ultimate. Should work across Windows7's
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Result. That's good, it *should* work in Vista also. Thanks for confirming.
Mark, I just have to ask. Tell me if I am accurate here. Situation: Mark has an issue with his computer, and so Mark decides to Google the problem. Mark finds answer to his problem and decides to write a tutorial because it might increase his forum's traffic. I do appreciate the fact that you dedicate a lot of time to writing TUTs. This is your forum after all and the main contributor SHOULD be you. However I personally do not think every menial task necessarily deserves to be aired as a tutorial. Don't create one just for the sake of creating one. I would rather see high quality, than high quantity.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
You are correct in your statement. At the state that we're in at the moment, and with me working i have no time to start anything in depth or anything new. As i do, i review statistics, traffic and trends daily if i can and traffic has rose and continues to rise but content is not at it's all time high.

The problem that i face is, i cannot write large, detailed tutorials even on stuff that i've done in the past - i'd love to write a few up about the few bits to do with network when i was back in school that enabled me to bypass network blocks by various means, even using DNS tunneling, downloading and to the point where i had the school-wide VNC password. This however was a long time ago and without dusting that particular server off that now sits in my home-made rack i cannot re-create these and i probably won't need to which is a shame.

Anyway.. back to the point. I feel that we've not hit a wall, but we're cruising on an inside lane one gust of wind or something laying in the road and you can easily swerve and end up head first into the mid section barrier. If you look at the recent threads, posts etc the last thread i re-call is Drumms apart from mine.

I agree with you though, the content such as in this thread isn't high quality at all but maybe.. it's something that someone can learn from and i feel that it is better than no threads, no activity at all - am i wrong?

The last thing that i want is for mcompute to fade like many others have faded and i do my up-most to keep it going, and try getting content up and go round nagging people to take a look. After all it's my hobby and a great interest to me.

(10-12-2010, 01:41 AM)Mark Wrote: I agree with you though, the content such as in this thread isn't high quality at all but maybe.. it's something that someone can learn from and i feel that it is better than no threads, no activity at all - am i wrong?

The last thing that i want is for mcompute to fade like many others have faded and i do my up-most to keep it going, and try getting content up and go round nagging people to take a look. After all it's my hobby and a great interest to me.
I wasn't trying to bust your balls Mark, more facilitating a little self-analysis. Your forum isn't going to die unless you let it. You have mentioned that we only have about ten active members...this is true, but those ten keep it alive. People will trickle in slowly. Look how fortunate we are to have someone like latch come in and start throwing out knowledge. I will take one latch over 500 idiot nubs.
You are still so young, and have much to learn. Giving how-to tutorials offer no appeal for those interested in gaining wisdom. Tell me what and why and I will figure out how to do it on my own. I have never met a single hacker that has needed instruction. It is substance that must be learned, yet is difficult to teach. There is a je ne se qua that a person must possess from birth. The older you get the more you will understand this to be true. I am fairly certain that you find most of the answers to your own questions, I would expect nothing less from you. Is it not also safe to assume that those others who are apt will not do the same? Instead of a tutorial on DNS spoofing perhaps a detailed discussion on the inner workings of DNS, including its vulnerabilities. Instead of just doing python scripts for wifi WEP cracking perhaps learn of the weakness in the key scheduling algorithm of RC4 which allows WEP to be attacked. These will allow you a podium for giving pertinent information out and force you REALLY start to understand what you are doing.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to install / repair your Grub (1.98) install from the Ubuntu 10.04 live CD Mark 9 31,132 19-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Mark