• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharn's buying a bike!
Well, I figured to open a new sporting forum we should start with a "spec me" thread... So...

Spec me a bike Smile

Na, just kidding, I've been looking into getting a new bike, and wondered what your opinions were on the Mongoose Crossway 850 and the Kona Dew FS 2010?
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
I know absolutely nothing about bikes but looking at them two i'd say the Mongoose Crossway 850
It all depends where you're going to be riding. I have never spent more than £100 on a bike, and I do 60 Miles a week. I do it mostly on roads, so I have little need for suspension. But if you are going to be off road then I recommend as much suspension as possible. Another tip is start out simple. Level 1 SAS is 3 or 4 trips a week, and get your heart rate to maximum for about 20 minutes. But, if you want to do long distance, pick a route you know is fairly safe, and do it AFTER rush hour. Trust me.
Good Luck Man Smile
Thanks :p I do around 40 miles a week in just commuting so I'm not stranger to a bit of exercise. As for where I'll be riding the answer is probably on the roads, possibly some dirt tracks (nothing you'd call Mountain Biking though). I've found my range to be about 40 miles in a day at the moment (30 comfortably) so with any luck I'm hoping to up that to 70 miles. At the moment I'm also riding at 12.6mph average, but bearing in mind I'm on a heavier bike with no top gear that's pretty good imo :p
As you do...
Get a BMX. Can't go wrong then
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Not ideal for long distance really XD
As you do...
I dunno, I found mine great for long distance. You're on roads...
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
By long distance I mean in the region of ~100 miles per day
As you do...
Well I've gone and made a decision of which bike to get, and it's none of the above

Come Christmas I'm going to have a recumbent trike Smile

[Image: a211a167871a2f320cd0444fe405d89c.jpg]

They're not as difficult as they look and they're actually quite a lot of fun, they're good for your abs and because they come with a pannier rack (or luggage rack) I can bring water and tools and any other shit I need along on a ride Smile
As you do...
This is what happens when you leave Sharn unattended.

Well, it certainly looks interesting, got any mods planned for it?