• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Mega Thread] The basics of securing a Windows PC
[Mega Thread] The basics of securing a Windows PC

This is a mega thread compilation of several threads that i have created.
All the threads below will help you in securing a local Windows XP or Windows Vista computer.

Feedback, additions and questions welcomed.

My school got rid of Tabs from IE7/8. And Menu buttons. THAT's a bitch.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
I feel for you. My old school did the same thing amongst other things that made my IT lessons fun.
Would majority of these things work on W7, as Vista and W7 are so similar?
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
I cannot say for sure, the only way to find out would be to try. I don't have a copy of Windows 7 to be able to try these out. They *should* work though.
A thread on how to bypass the user login on Windows might be helpful for some people. XD

The only real way I know of bypassing is Kon Boot. You can also do the sethc file change, delete the SAM file, reset or crack passwords.
(07-10-2011, 05:10 AM)Mark Wrote: The only real way I know of bypassing is Kon Boot. You can also do the sethc file change, delete the SAM file, reset or crack passwords.

Safe mode --> REGEDIT? and theres another program apart from Kon Boot that does it.
If you're in Safe Mode, haven't you already bypassed login and then you can simply make a new admin acc / reset password(s). What would you be looking for an changing in the registry?
(08-10-2011, 04:23 PM)Mark Wrote: If you're in Safe Mode, haven't you already bypassed login and then you can simply make a new admin acc / reset password(s). What would you be looking for an changing in the registry?

If you wanted to get admin without the actual admin user knowing it. If you made a new account then you'd have to admin your old one and etc etc. But with this you can simply change a single password.