• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android app development
Android application development

I was wondering if anybody is into developing android applications. It's something that certainly interests me but i'm looking for an inside word before i just jump in.

What language you use, what sort of apps you develop etc.
http://appinventor.googlelabs.com
Check out this website if you are looking into developing android apps. It is an new take on a way to develop a program, it is geared toward people with limited amounts of programming experience It works particularly well with Linux and allows you to have a live debugger which actually shows you your app in real time as you build it, on your phone. I have developed a few apps using this method, all of them to this point are for personal use in doing wifi analysis with GPS data attached. The language of choice is the native API which is, for all intents and purposes, is java. I tend to build the core algortihms of my apk's using the standard development kit, but I do like the ease integrating in the standard Google plugins with their GUI.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
I've seen this mentioned before, might as well give it a go!
Quote:Thank you. Your information has been sent to the App Inventor team.

I do like the thought of a "drag and drop" as such but i like getting down with gedit and some hard code. Looks like i might have to throw my hat at Java.

As i understand, so you do not have any apps on the app store?
(03-12-2010, 12:56 AM)Mark Wrote: I've seen this mentioned before, might as well give it a go!
Quote:Thank you. Your information has been sent to the App Inventor team.

I do like the thought of a "drag and drop" as such but i like getting down with gedit and some hard code. Looks like i might have to throw my hat at Java.

As i understand, so you do not have any apps on the app store?

That is correct. The programs I have written don't really do anything on the surface for the everyday end user, they are merely my self-serving creations. Mainly the programs dump various bits of information regarding network activity, GPS coordinates, signal strength etc. into a database template on my microSD. I feed the info from my database into a program on my computer I have written in C/C++ which records, manipulates, and outputs the gathered data as necessary depending on what I am doing.

But, there is software available on the Market that does that already :tongue
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Yeah, I don't think there are any programs that record and analyze inversely proportional radio waves on similar channels as a means of short wave radio communication. Piggybacking is not a new concept, but I am not aware of any android apps that facilitate it.

I thought you were just war driving..
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(04-12-2010, 11:54 PM)Drumm Wrote: I thought you were just war driving..

You should know me better than that by now Drumm :pirate I rarely "just do" anything. When I do something it is with mucho gusto. I haven't seen the inside of the box in a long time.