• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Iconia" dual screen laptop from Acer
"Iconia" dual screen laptop from Acer

Acer have stepped their game up in releasing a new dual-screen laptop - the laptop has two 14in displays, it keeps the standard design of a laptop essentially just replacing the keyboard with another display.

The Iconia, which was unveiled at a press conference in New York, features two touch-screens protected by ultra-tough Gorilla Glass. The device can be used like a traditional laptop, with the second screen doubling as a virtual keyboard, or can double as a tablet-style computer.

Users can spread the desktop across both screens, or use one to watch a video or surf the web, and the other to write an email or edit photos. The device features palm sensors to detect the position of the user’s hands, and automatically launch the virtual keyboard when needed.

I myself dislike laptops and i like my physical keyboard. Thoughts?

[Image: acer-dual-screen-laptop.png]
What possible applications does this have?
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
It depends what OS it'll be running. It's supposed to be a fully fledged laptop so i'd assume it'd have a full OS on it with features not something crap like an iPad for example. Simple answer; I don't know. :whistle
So it's a Nintendo DS then?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Maybe if a DS had two touchscreens?
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
Well, yeah. And a decent OS
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Could be a custom version on Linux, or Maybe just Windows with Custom Programs. Set too Dual Screen.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Perhaps. They should probably include a stylus or something with it. Seeing as I like to use a stylus with anything touchscreen.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
*fingers crossed for UNIX*
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Unix technically involves Mac although none of us Linux'ers like to tell people that.

*Fingers crossed for Linux*