• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group promotions - Automatically move users!
Group promotions - Automatically move users!

Introduction
The User Group Promotion section allows you to easily change a user's user group based on post count, reputation, referrals or time registered. Group promotion can be run using the task manager, you can set a time and day to suit your needs.

What can this be used for?
This is very useful for moving users with a certain amount of posts into a new group as they advance within the community. One example of this is here on mcompute, once you reach 50 posts you're automatically moved from the "Member" group into the "MM" group. I also added a registered time limit of 2 days to help curve spamming.

Steps
  • Admin CP
  • Users & Groups
  • Group promotions

[Image: group-promotion1.png]

To make a new custom group promotion, click on Add new promotion. Here's where you add your information and requirements.

Code:
Title
Short Description
Promotion Requirements
Post Count
Reputation Count
Referral Count
Time Registered
Original User Group
New User Group
User Group Change Type
Enabled?
Enable Logging?

Here is an example of my set up:

[Image: group-promotion2.png]

Just thought i'd share this pretty neat feature. Saves a lot of time and you can just have it run when the least amount of users are online, like the early hours of the morning.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [HOW TO] Automatically prune / delete unactivated users / awaiting activation MyBB Mark 0 11,005 20-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Mark
  How to backup and move a MyBB forum Mark 0 31,379 24-10-2010, 04:04 AM
  How to move "search" to the top of the members list Mark 0 14,938 19-10-2010, 12:28 AM