• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phone solves a Rubiks cube in 12.5 seconds!
Android based phone can solve a Rubiks cube in 12.5 seconds!

A HTC Nexus One, successfully controlling a Lego Mindstorm kit managed to solve a rubiks cube in just 12.5 seconds!

The Nexus One is currently running Android 2.1 on a 1GHz Qualcom QSD8250 “Snapdragon” processor along with 500MB of RAM. The Snapdragon processor is based on an ARM CPU core.

ARM principal engineer David Gilday, who masterminded the robotic Rubik’s Cube demo, informed us that 12.5 seconds was the fastest result they've achieved with the being 15 seconds fort a 3x3x3 Rubik’s Cube. Smashing previous verion attempts that stood at 25 seconds, they were performed on a circa-2006 Nokia N95

Quote:Having classified all the pieces, I was able to write a generic algorithm and generated a set of sixty-four lookup tables that could solve a scrambled cube of any dimension limited only by RAM and processor time. I tested this algorithm on virtual cubes as large as 100x100x100.

The Lego robotics kit can only manage around 1.5 moves per second, compared to that of a human player who can make between 5 and 6 moves per second, amazingly enough.

Here’s a YouTube video demonstrating the 3x3x3 cube-solver

Ties in nicely with current rubik discussions.
(13-11-2010, 01:00 AM)Mark Wrote: Android based phone can solve a Rubiks cube in 12.5 seconds!

A HTC Nexus One, successfully controlling a Lego Mindstorm kit managed to solve a rubiks cube in just 12.5 seconds!

The Nexus One is currently running Android 2.1 on a 1GHz Qualcom QSD8250 “Snapdragon” processor along with 500MB of RAM. The Snapdragon processor is based on an ARM CPU core.

ARM principal engineer David Gilday, who masterminded the robotic Rubik’s Cube demo, informed us that 12.5 seconds was the fastest result they've achieved with the being buy e cigarette
15 seconds fort a 3x3x3 Rubik’s Cube. Smashing previous verion attempts that stood at 25 seconds, they were performed on a circa-2006 Nokia N95

Quote:Having classified all the pieces, I was able to write a generic algorithm and generated a set of sixty-four lookup tables that could solve a scrambled cube of any dimension limited only by RAM and processor time. I tested this algorithm on virtual cubes as large as 100x100x100.

The Lego buy electronic cigarette
robotics kit can only manage around 1.5 moves per second, compared to that of a human player who can make between 5 e cig starter kit
and 6 moves per second, amazingly enough.

Here’s a YouTube video demonstrating the 3x3x3 cube-solver

Ties in nicely with current rubik discussions.

You said this is true?
Yes, but it would be much more appropriate to link the thread instead of quoting it all.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Well, there's a video there of it. It must be true!