• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
God
I did not find a philosophy/religion section in this forum so I posted it here, because the discussion was far off topic in the show us your setup thread.
I trust Mr. Wood will move this thread to an appropriate place if need be.

So this is an answer to where that thread was going:

It truly is difficult to submit to the belief of a higher power in this world- particularly if you are smart. My tested IQ is high enough to render my mental age 66 years old. I'm now far smarter than that and I spent many years thinking no one was as intelligent as I.

This intelligence came about because of my insecurity was so acute, that I was going to make sure that I was better than anyone I meet in some way saying, "I'm taller than that loser. Better looking than that one. I can kick that one's ass. And I'm smarter than any of them." When I was on HF, my goals were as follows:

Make very popular threads.
Showcase my accomplishments and thereby, draw out the the brilliant.
Make friends with those dudes.
And have more code in my life.
And lastly, learn some stuff for pen testing so I can charge more than I do now.

Genii are arrogant jerks that hate even themselves. That went doubly for me of course. I'm the most capable and confident person I've ever met and I've encountered thousands of minds. Bear in mind, all my "I'm freaking smart" bragging is here only to illustrate that it isn't just the mindless dolts of the world that are theists.

My belief in God came after months and months of research, not after a flippant moment of weak will or some pathetic crutch seeking grab to make myself feel better or fit in. Since then, my world has gotten far bigger than I could have ever imagined...
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
>.< Mr. Wood, i've been called far worse. Stares at SHARN.

Thread seems appropiate where placed. If Religion is a widened topic future cateogories may be made.

I, myself do not believe in god. To succeed in life you work, and you must work damn hard - if 110% is not given, you will not succeed and you will not become successful nor happy. Being rich would also be awesome.
(12-11-2010, 07:14 PM)Mark Wrote: >.< Mr. Wood, i've been called far worse. Stares at SHARN.

Thread seems appropiate where placed. If Religion is a widened topic future cateogories may be made.

I, myself do not believe in god. To succeed in life you work, and you must work damn hard - if 110% is not given, you will not succeed and you will not become successful nor happy. Being rich would also be awesome.

True that! Many believers feel entitled to constant supernatural provision and get all lazy, then get mad when they don't get what they want.

They lean on their shovel while praying for a hole. When does that make sense?

Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Honestly? My belief in God was strong in 3rd grade. It got weak until this year, my freshman year in highschool. I'm smart enough to have skipped 2 grades, I actually did skip a grade in math, and I'm younger than most people born in my year.

I used to be one of those, "Oh I'm smarter than everyone." kids.

This year, I'm thinking that God is gonna guide me through high school.

I had Baphomet's attitude. I've gone through school not applying myself because things come naturally.
Belief that some Higher Power did this is just foolish. Islam is as close to a perfect monotheistic religion as you could probably get, and that still has some flaws in it
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
I'm not saying that it's rational. As I went by this quarter, I've gotten a B+ in English because my teacher is sort of backwards with her grades and almost a B+ in math despite the fact that I excel in it. I know that God isn't helping me with that but just that he's going to get me through college though I have to do my best as well. I've also managed to bypass my flat foot for the most part. I'm not saying that these are even halfway decent evidence to help reinforce the theory that God exists, but my faith has certainly grown this quarter as my work ethic doesn't necessarily work with many of the teachers at my school.
God in the religious sense has not much of a meaning to me. Seeing as how all religion in essence dates back to primitive man worshiping the sun, and how organized religion is not much more than a mechanism for social control it is of no interest to me. I can not fathom that the creator of the universe and/or multiverse(s) has any foreseeable human characteristics, or that our species with it's finite and weak carbon-based makeup and limited ability to interpret our surroundings have the ability to truly understand what the creator is. We are merely given the curiosity to wonder what, and of course why? I am OK with that. I do believe there is something beyond my comprehension that is out there, but I have no idea what it is. Our science and mathematics break down when trying to describe space and time. As religious zealots may see prophets as those who bring the word of God, I believe that prophets are the people like Newton and Einstein. The people that are able to give logical quantitative analysis into the inner workings of how things ARE. I do not believe in any way that they have given us all of the answers and I believe there are still others to come who will continue to shed light, we stand on the shoulders of the giants before us after all. Seeing as how man seems destined to toil in wars and poverty, yet we are the creators and developers of technology perhaps it is set that the next natural stage of evolution will be for us to create artificial life. Seeing as how it would be illogical for the artificial life to allow primitive creatures that act on emotion and fear rather than fact and knowledge to continue raping and misusing the natural resources we have available they will kill us all off and perhaps find a harmonious life after we are gone. But I digress, the truth is all any of us can do is BELIEVE in what we believe in. Nobody truly KNOWS anything. All I know is that I know nothing, but I believe in something.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
(17-11-2010, 06:59 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: I can not fathom that the creator of the universe and/or multiverse(s) has any foreseeable human characteristics

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." - Genesis 1:27

Don't ask me how I knew this passage existed, I just did.
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Yes, but that's written by the same dudes who wrote Judges 15:15, Ezekiel 21:20, Exodus 2:11-12 (Solid Snake anyone?), 2 Kings 2:23-24, 1 Timothy 2:12, Judges 3:16-23 (Die Hard?) and 1 Samuel 18:25-27

All of which are damn badass.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
(17-11-2010, 09:31 PM)bigsharn Wrote:
(17-11-2010, 06:59 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: I can not fathom that the creator of the universe and/or multiverse(s) has any foreseeable human characteristics

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." - Genesis 1:27

Don't ask me how I knew this passage existed, I just did.

I am well aware of the the biblical verse, but as I said, organized religion, and its literature is pointless to me. You can't quote scripture to someone who believes scripture is useless. You might as well have taken a passage out of one of the Greek mythologies then to give me a biblical passage. I refuse to accept biblical verses as argument for philosophical reference. Someone who accepts the bible accepts what someone else has told them as blind fact. Good for you if you have the ability to believe in something for which you have zero proof, but that is not me.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.