• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a custom mcompute theme
Hey,

I have been thinking for a couple of months now about having a custom theme on here, mcompute. A theme says a lot about a forum and is usually the first impression.

I myself prefer darker themes as i feel the text reads better and when using multiple large monitors viewing mainly white backgrounds, they're like lights and can strain your eyes.

Orange has stuck with me through out, i've been using orange, black and grey on my sites for years and i really like it.

I'd like to propose if a few of us could get together to work on something? That'd be pretty awesome.

Ofcourse, proper recognition would be given and it'd be copyrighted to the members that helped and to mcompute.

If a few of us chip in, we'd have to start planning first but then we could all add our own parts.

:tux

Which bits would we need? I can come up with a template for people to use Smile
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
There are a lot of images that would need to be created. Way too many to list.

Such as the "Email", "PM", "Find", "Edit", "Delete", "Reply", "MQ", "Report", "Warn" you can see just in the posts.

Also, "New reply", "New thread", then the on and off.gif's.
OK, if you're interested i've made a start. If you go in to your user cp under options, select theme "mcompute mark".
I like the new theme, though I do wonder where some of the buttons have gone. The stars need some tidying up if we're going to use them with the darker theme. A lot of the text colours are going to need modifying if we're going to make it a darker theme as well. I also think that it might be worth starting a git project or google code or the likes for this project. So if I wanted to download the CSS + Images and add my own input, it would be available. I might consider fixing any text if I have spare time.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Currently all navigational buttons are going to need to be created, i'm working on it as we speak - making from scratch or sourcing open source icons. Also new user badges in the works.

What text is wrong?
It's more the colours, we have black text for the "User(s) browsing..." and the title. Just little things. Nothing huge. I pick up on stuff like this for some reason.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
Users browsing is now white, blending with others. Smile Title is still black, but i think that breaks it up a bit ?
You still need to whiten "mcompute.co.uk forums " Which is still in unreadable black and the current thread could also do with an update. I must admit it gives the site a much stronger hacking feel. I guess this theme has been on your to-do list for a while. I saw the comments made on the rate my forum thread. This was one of the comments, a long with the name. But the name is cool Big Grin I like the improved VIP buttons and the starts have been tidied up which looks real nice. I'm not sure if this is anything to do with the theme, I doubt it is, but I'll throw it out there. Is it possible to have the "Remember Me" Disabled by default? Might just be a personal rant, I'll be happy to keep it enabled if others want it enabled. I personally prefer sites not to remember me for obvious reasons.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
Eh? What you saying?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.