• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Microsoft] Windows XP, go on son!

[Microsoft] Windows XP, go on son!

Windows XP is still the worst most used Windows operating system.

Windows 7 had a reasonable success rate, certainly better than Vistas' but computer users are going back to their roots, back to what they know and love, keeping it old school - choosing Windows XP as their operating system of choice.

Changing is a pain, lets face it, can you really be bothered switching or "upgrading" to a new operating system. Change means uncertainty, and a lot of people, especially businesses don't like change - they rely on certainty.

By this point you're looking at this article on mcompute and shouting loudly at your monitor, sure Windows 7 is "hip" and "modern", some might even go as far as to call it attractive, or even capable but all of that eye candy really isn't needed it's just a hog, slowing you down, pulling you back, restricting you!

Since the release of Windows 7, the install base of Windows XP has only dropped by 10%, lowering it to 60% over all.

Are we stuck in 2001?
I use whatever my PC has

this 2006 machine I have is XP Smile
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
If i have to use Windows, i go for XP. *Maybe* Windows 7 when they sort their drivers out.
I still like my XP. Works fine. Why fix it if it isn't broken?

Though, if I do get a new PC (if I can be arsed..) it'd probably get 7 on it
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
You spelt Linux wrong.
I did have Linux at one point, but I was forever customising it, and not doing work
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
That's the beauty of Linux! Embrace and feel a new warmth inside you. :roll
dont scorn me but at the moment i am on vista :'( but i intend on upgrading to XP
I dont like 7.
Im an XP power user, but on 7 im mostly lost cause theyve attempted to make it more Mac-like
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
(10-10-2010, 12:50 AM)Mark Wrote: That's the beauty of Linux! Embrace and feel a new warmth inside you. :roll

I do really dig a few flavours of linux, especially ubuntu these days, but I have been unsuccessful in getting 4 monitors to work with it and am not willing to put forth the effort since I do most of my coding etc on a windows box. Oh and I work on them for a living so I require a more than casual intimacy.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
(12-11-2010, 06:16 AM)latch Wrote: I do really dig a few flavours of linux, especially ubuntu these days, but I have been unsuccessful in getting 4 monitors to work with it

Join the club, having problems getting my 3 on two cards to work together.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Microsoft] Windows 7's Family pack is back.. Mark 0 4,373 05-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Mark