• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptops. Potentially HAZARDOUS to your health!
Laptops. Potentially HAZARDOUS to your health!

Do you use a laptop?

If the answer to above question is yes, you could be dead right now!

OK, so maybe you're not dead but you may have toasted legs.

If you're someone who spends a lot of time on your laptop, balancing the laptop on your thighs, then you need to become concerned. The excessive heat from your Laptop can toast your skin - this is ingeniously called the toasted Skin Syndrome.

Your average joe:

[Image: toasted-skin-by-laptop.jpg]

In a recent case a 12 year old boy, who used to spend several hours everyday playing games on his laptop has developed this "toasted Skin Syndrome". According to him, he usually rests his laptop on his thigh(s) / lap, and wouldn't change his position for hours.

This condition can cause permanent skin darkening, according to University Hospital Basel and in rare cases it can lead to Skin cancer.

The effects:

[Image: toasted-skin-syndrome.jpg]

Remember: Desktops > Laptops.
I do the same thing but i wear pants! see i am Always thinkin ahead.....
[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]
Place it on a table and have your system overheat instead!
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
It should have feet to help airflow. Putting it on your lap blocks the vents.
my laptop (or what's left of it) has no vents at the bottom just one at the left - excellent for keeping a cuppa tea nice and toasty ^^ also its entertaining having a lighter explode right next to you left hand XD aha.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Horizontal Vents make more sense to me. You ain't fighting gravity so much then.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
(25-07-2011, 10:04 PM)Drumm Wrote: You ain't fighting gravity so much then.

if the vent is out the bottom... gravity surely assists? (from the lord of physics)
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
I didn't mean gravity. Oops! I meant the fact that heat rises. Mentally I knew what I meant.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
(26-07-2011, 03:20 PM)Drumm Wrote: I didn't mean gravity. Oops! I meant the fact that heat rises. Mentally I knew what I meant.

Drumm! Heat DOES rise as a result of gravity!
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Okay, well then. I mean gravity! You're all confusing me Sad
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994