• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digg's viewing traffic hit massively after V4 "redesign"
Digg's traffic hit massively after "redesign"

Social bookmarking news website Digg released a new "version 4" which rolled out across the site in late August. Millions of users where in uproar, the update hit Digg hard, figures show that traffic is down by an immense 34% in the UK and 26% in the US.

I don't use Digg myself but according to various sources and some data mining on the new Digg site, results show that the redesign has been rejected by the site's core users.

Quote:"Unhappy with the way Digg has changed, many of the high-profile power users publicly rebelled by switching to other social bookmarking sites, such as reddit."

The sheer mass of complains and bad publicity prompted CEO Kevin Rose to write a blog post about the quick fixes he was implementing to appease the Digg masses.

Kevin Rose Wrote:"Our top priority is to stabilise the site, then we'll look at the data/feedback and make decisions on what to change going forward."

According to figures, the new Digg has seen a steady decline in readership, from its day of release to 31st September.
I rarely see people use Digg.

Any sites with Digg only have about 30 diggers
They see me trollin', they hatin'.