• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Feedback] September's website and traffic analytics [mcompute.co.uk]
Thumbs Up 
[Feedback] September's website and traffic analytics [mcompute.co.uk]

I am always looking to improve mcompute for both myself and the users, i've spent the best part of two hours looking through all of the statistics since the site was up in May and as i was looking i saw 7,000 and thought to myself "is that all time?" then i sat while drinking my bru and it made me think - surely not. So i started messing with options and bits and bobs and from Septembers 1st - September 31 here's the stats:

[Image: 1z4la2d.jpg]

We're now hitting search engines, Google mostly with 25% of our traffic.

The top key words are as follows:

mcompute
conky screenshots
shark for root
android shark
chopchop attack fails
tor ubuntu 10.04
auto startx backtrack
arpspoof iptable sslstrip ettercap

Try searching for those in Google

And things relating around those. Surprising most of those are Linux based queries.

You're interested like me, right? What's the all time stats, well:

[Image: 2hzlceu.jpg]

Bare in mind mcompute has only been public as of May 22nd 2010 - 4 months. 46,000 in 4 months is an average of 11,500 views a month, 2,875 a week, 410 a day.

As of this month, i'm setting my personal target as 10,000, 7,000's good but it's not good enough for me.

I like to keep everybody in the loop, i don't want to be one of those ass hat admins i like the forum to be a community based thing most people here just think of me as a normal member.

Feel free to spread the word, i may have to get some Linux tuts up.
Those stats are actually better than I had expected to see. It warms my heart to see Linux as being a big pull. Perhaps we DO need more Linux TUTs. So let's see that means you and I and um....... well you and I need to get to work Wink I see a Linux junkie in the making with our boy Drumm as well though, plus the FNG seems interested as well. Perhaps we need to field questions on top of just doing straight tutorials. I am also going to be PMing you soon regarding starting a malware school. Let's see what we can do to get some more hits for you.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
You and me both, averaging 11,500 a month isn't bad at all especially for the scale we're on at the moment and the number of tutorials we have, we've actually got a good foothold in Google, image what we can do once we start producing daily!

Time to start populating the Linux section. :tongue

I welcome your PM(s).
Packet: I used to be a Linux junkie; Hence my Ubuntu sticker. Photoshop pulled me in other directions. Once I have the hard drive space, which means I need 2, 1TB ones. I will definitely be back rocking it. Maybe with a few extra OS's too.

I feel very proud my Shark for Root has been an apparent big hit. I only really wanted to show this amazing tool off to the world. It should be advertised more than it is. I did a quick edit just to add how you're meant to use the application. Once I get my DesireHD sometime later this month, I'll do a few Demos or something. I'll go into a T-mobile shop if I can, see if I can get it earlier than if I ordered it.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(03-10-2010, 10:30 AM)Drumm Wrote: I feel very proud my Shark for Root has been an apparent big hit. I only really wanted to show this amazing tool off to the world. It should be advertised more than it is. I did a quick edit just to add how you're meant to use the application. Once I get my DesireHD sometime later this month, I'll do a few Demos or something. I'll go into a T-mobile shop if I can, see if I can get it earlier than if I ordered it.

That'd be epic. We're getting hits from it but the bounce is also high suppose they're looking at how to use it. :happy

The bounce? Makes little sense to me :tongue

Yeah, Well my dad works in London, so hopefully I can sort something out. But they're releasing it on a Monday, So I might make a trip to Shrewsbury after school maybe.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
Bounce Rate is where someone visits the page but then leaves straight away, the bounce for shark for root is nearing 100%.
Hehe :tongue
*Woops wrong link*, *Shit!* *Don't effing load* *Back,Back,Back* ?
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Home Page Side Panel Feedback. latch 3 10,366 09-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Last Post: bigsharn