• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a Promblem :S
I'm a pretty big gamer but I am on Linux is there a way in between Linux and gaming. I really want to game but it has been hard to. :confused But I still love Linux :tux and programming on it + hacking.:pirate So can anyone help ? :2tux:thumbs
Dual booting Smile
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Install Wine on Linux. Google "Wine config [your game]" Follow the instructions.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
There used to be something called PlayonLinux or PlayOnWine or something similar, which was basically a Wine Installer & Configurer. It would install the version of wine which worked best with your game etc. etc.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
...Or dual boot XP Smile

I find that WinE is really shit for playing games on and photoshopping on, hence I moved back over to Windows
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
(22-09-2010, 03:46 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: Install Wine on Linux. Google "Wine config [your game]" Follow the instructions.

I have wine but I have promblems with it on ubuntu , Since it does not let me run a exe :confused
If you can help I am pretty sure there is a way around it :thumbs
(22-09-2010, 08:52 AM)Drumm Wrote: There used to be something called PlayonLinux or PlayOnWine or something similar, which was basically a Wine Installer & Configurer. It would install the version of wine which worked best with your game etc. etc.

I also have playonlinux also already on here.But most games all require CD's :confused
but great idea :thumbs
(22-09-2010, 09:58 AM)bigsharn Wrote: ...Or dual boot XP Smile

I find that WinE is really shit for playing games on and photoshopping on, hence I moved back over to Windows

Dual booting I have thought of but... Idk I was trying to find a way around it . But still GREAT IDEA!:thumbs
You have to tweek the config. I got Mass Effect 2 running flawlessly on it, and that game is no slouch in the graphics department. Learning Linux is requires a lot of troubleshooting. Each system is different. Part of the fun is figuring out how to make it do what you want/need it to do for you. If you have shit hardware it is unlikely you will have much luck with wine. Dual-booting will obviously work, but then you have to taint your system with Microsoft. You don't necessarily need a cd for playonlinux. Just get the cd image and mount it. Don't give up so easily(like Meatloaf errrr...Sharn), there is always a way with Linux.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
O yah your right virtual mount it, dang why didn't I think of that XD Wow ill take the advice your giving me
Code:
sudo apt-get install wine

What games are you wanting to play on Linux?
Well one would be wow to keep my friends happy Big Grin