• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
iPod Nano 3G help..
Is there anyway I can turn my iPod Nano 3G into a USB? Cause I've lost my old thumbdrive. xD
There is a way but
1. I wouldn't bother, it'd be easier just to use your mobile (I'm guessing it's got a memory card in it)
2. I don't know how
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Nah, I've lost my memory card..xD
(27-05-2010, 02:27 AM)Christopha Wrote: Is there anyway I can turn my iPod Nano 3G into a USB? Cause I've lost my old thumbdrive. xD

of course there is! put it into disk mode!
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
I've never owned an apple product, but i'll have a look around. I might learn something new.
Right.. To use as a removable drive you can do one of two things:
1: plug in your ipod nano 3G into your computer (which I assume has the latest version of itunes)
Open itunes
Wait for itunes to recognise your device
On the left hand side select your ipod (its under a header for ipods)
Now you have a screen where you can see your ipod (or a picture representation) and the status of your ipod (memory, version, serial number, etc)
At the bottom, above the memory bar are 4 check boxes
Select the one which says use as a removable storage device (or words to that effect)
Then in the bottom right hand corner click apply
Your ipod should synchronise and you can view it as a removable mass storage.

2: be warned, this is all done from memory so I cannot be sure what this does, it will either put you into disk mode or boot utilities setting
2A: press and hold the MENU and CENTRE buttons. This will reset your ipod.
Then press and hold MENU and PAUSE/PLAY buttons
2B: press and hold the MENU and CENTRE buttons. This resets your ipod. As soon as it turns off press and hold the PLAY/PAUSE and the CENTRE button.

Result:if you have a screen mentioning disk mode, plug it in and it will appear as a disk drive
If you have gone onto a screen with a lot of testing options press and hold MENU and CENTRE and it'll reset Smile post your results as this is totally dependant on my memory xD
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
Alright, I'll try it out when I get back home.I'm assuming I can return it to where I can use it to listen to music, and watch videos, correct?
yes, its just a case of pressing the MENU and CENTRE button
all that does is reboot the ipod and resets little settings [like backlight etc] to standard values...
if you do it via the computer, then you can listen quite happily to your music as long as you dont delete any of the Ipod_control files and all important system files, else you will have to resynchronise... ALL AGAIN XD
Alright, thanks man.
(29-05-2010, 01:37 AM)Christopha Wrote: Alright, thanks man.

no probs, man
here to educate Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Get Cydia on Ipod Touch 2nd Gen (3.1.2 Jailbreak) Jamez247 7 27,128 22-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Last Post: norm17
  Apple releases iOS 4.3 for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad Mark 7 22,598 18-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Drumm
  iPod Touch 2G Hacks? Drumm 2 7,900 09-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Drumm
  How To Get Cydia on Ipod Touch 2nd Gen (3.1.3 Jailbreak) Jamez247 0 7,648 31-05-2010, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Jamez247