• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project: Armchair on wheels
Turns out the bloke that WAS going to do this for me has changed his mind and said it'll cost in the region of £400 to modify... So screw him, I'm going to do as much of it myself as possible...

I was going to put a little 125cc motor in there anyway and indicators and motorbike lights, then get it made road legal :p the only problem would be making a system to drive the motor from where the pedals are now, as it'd be a faff to try and mount one there, and direct drive systems are a nono (I aren't having a 125cc motor directly under my arse), so some more planning is in order methinks
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
As long as it has massive tires...Big Grin
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
I hope so, I'm hoping to have a pair of wheels from a Honda Goldwing on there :p
As you do...
O.o you can take some off a 'tracta' down the road, they're big. A charging motor with the pedals' is needed though.
Leave my little blue tractor alone :O I'm using it for prom in like 3 years. Either that or the Lotus, Can't decide. Either way, That guys ripping you off. You're a very resourceful guy. Build your own. But you're gunna need something to hold all the bars together.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Disaster has struck... the basket at the back has broken (Some bastard in a Leyland Atlantean knocked me and it fell apart), turns out it was only held together by cable ties anyway -_-'. Anyway, I'm going to have to get a new one(sort of) made out of next week's wages (I know a place that'll do me a lockable box, so it's all good) For the moment at least, the idea is as follows:

Keep the trike as it is, but replace the buggered basket at the back with a lockable storage box (even if it's just a hinged box with a padlock on)
Mount the armchair (still working on that) on the box itself (I've got a plan on how to do this, and still be able to adjust the seat Smile)
Take the chainguard off (worthless piece of crap it is) and put a 44/48 tooth chainring on instead depending on the price difference... Which should give me some nice speed on the straighter roads of York
THEN Revert back to the original post.
As you do...
Sharn, be sure when you have this all fixed up nice not to ride in to buses. You crazy man. Also, pics of updates. A lockable box is much better than tat granny shopping one.
No updates as such yet, just the slight setback... Pictures will come when I get my new direct drive system fitted and the front sprocket changed

...did someone say 80 TOOTH CHAINRING?

EDIT: You'd better like this, I've spent the best part of an hour and a half making this...

[Image: 2h5tb44.jpg]

Idea 1 for the sprocket design Smile
As you do...
Now show us a real pic of it Sharn
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
It's just a preliminary idea for the moment, I've got another idea ni the works, but not unless the trike gets fixed tomorrow...

Yes, it turns out that the rear sprocket was out-of-line with the front one, and I need a new chain for it... Luckily it's only 2 weeks old which means it's still under 28 days and in the legal warranty period, so he HAS to replace the part Smile

As a result of this, I can have a word with him and ask him to move the sprocket backwards ready for this 80 tooth chainring being put in the front area Smile
As you do...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project COOOL DUUUDE bigsharn 21 44,016 03-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Mark