• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unable to upload avatar
When ever I go into the User CP and try to apply my avatar I get the following error message:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)

any ideas?
[Image: 62374]
This should have just been sent in a PM to Mark... I'll slap him when I see him and get it sorted
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Too slow, saw it before a slap.

Quote:2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.

You can only upload an avatar in to the site's storage once you've got 50 + posts, you can still use an avatar if you link it from places such as tinypic.

This is to save on hosting costs mainly.
Thank you for the answer. Ill get to work on that 50 right away ;-)
[Image: 62374]
You can still use an avatar, it just needs to be hosted else where. I recommend tinypic - then just copy the "direct link" over in to the user CP. :happy
*cough* Photobucket is better *cough*
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Photobucket sucks, it cries when you remove a picture - leaving broken links all over the Internet.
Well, whilst still a valid point, if people don't want to keep things tidy they shouldn't own a Photobuckets.

Also, it's quicker
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
It's not quicker, there uploader sucks and you need an account. It's it no form better.
You need 5 posts to use your own image link, there are several free image hosting sites as http://hoston.me, http://tinypic.com and others.

If you want to upload a avatar to this server you need 50 posts.
Hai thar. :3