• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gauss Gun
Ummmm, reload takes quite a bit. Rapid fire wouldn't really be an option. If you mean make it (the BB) go faster, then justy strap two gauss guns together. Generally, after that, you're gonna break your BBs after a couple shots.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
I meant a way of hooking the power supply up to a relay so the gun was fully automatic, I mean I'd need to find a loading mechanism that'd work at such a speed, but yeah :p
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
You wouldn't be able to reload it, as such. It means repositioning all the balls.

And using electromagnets would turn it into a coilgun, of sorts
I never meant the relay to propel the bearings, I meant using the relay in the circuit somewhere so you could hold the trigger and it fire a series of rounds off

If I made a cylindrical tube that could feed a single ball at a time into the loading chamber, I could theoretically make an automatic weapon (though, not fast-firing)
As you do...
Not possible for gauss guns, unfortunately. It relies on the magnetism. And seeing as the balls move each time it'd be pretty darn hard to get the power and ammo to do it with some sort of result. Or at least as far as I can tell
couldnt you just reverse the system on a multiple gaussian gun? so one you fine one way, pop a ball bearing back in the other end?
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Well, in theory yes. I've never seen it done or heard of it, but with 4 balls one end and 1 the other I don't think it has quite the same effect
Could you use the principle of Newton's cradle? Always having the entire barrel loaded to an extent, then having a single ballbearing launched into the others?
As you do...
Circular ones, basically, and no; they don't work because friction eventually slows them to a stop.
no not circular ones ¬¬
let me draw a picture gimme some time
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------