• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identifying: Check if you're infected.
How to see if you're infected

What is Malware?

Malware is an abbreviated term used to describe malicious software, malware includes spyware, viruses and adware such as tracking cookies which are used to monitor your surfing habits.

STEP 1

Determine if your computer is running at its usual speed or whether it's slowed down recently. Malware programs run in the background and can use a great deal of memory and CPU resources.

STEP 2

Try and perform a web search, a lot of Malware either blocks your Internet connection preventing you from surfing the web or redirects your traffic to a rogue website. Another test you can do is to verify that your homepage hasn't been changed.

STEP 3

Are you receiving pop ups? Or even ads appearing when you're not connected to the Internet. Some Malware programs bombard you with advertisements, because the Malware is installed on your hard drive it can run regardless of an Internet connection.

STEP 4

If you use an instant messaging client such as MSN, are people complaining that you're sending weird messages or emails?

If you have one or more of the above symptoms you've probably been infected with Malware. Post here on mcompute for assistance or read the other threads on Malware removal.
Don't forget to add if you're infected you might notice your webcam turning on randomly, your passwords being hacked your accounts being changed etc. Also any odd processes running in the task manager and things like that : )
[Image: i54vt3.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Check if trimcheck is enabled on an SSD - Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 Mark 0 5,691 18-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Mark
  I want to practice removing malware. Where can I get infected easily? Mark 1 7,565 30-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Last Post: windows 7 was my idea
  I'm infected, how can i remove malware? Mark 0 4,683 13-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Last Post: Mark