• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC... my favourite console
I won't lie, the PC is my favourite current-gen console... Some argue that PC gaming is dying but I think it's well and truly alive (Where would the developers of Gratuitous Space Battles be without it?). What's your opinions of the "death of PC gaming"?
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Imo, i don't think PC gaming will die. Especially not when me and you hit them - although i'm no gamer and at times i find Keyboard and Mouse rather hard.
Well tbh the PC is pretty unbeatable when it comes to gaming. You can continue to upgrade it multiple times to keep it up to date, repairs are fairly cheap and most games are available on it. Controls are sweet, and if not you can use your Xbox controller on it, and some clever Japanese dude created a hack to use your PS3 one too, assuming you have bluetooth for your PC.

There will be no such thing as the death of the PC. The Mac, however, is running out of uses and is losing a lot of ground to it's competitors
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Although, Steam have started releasing games for the Mac

Oh, wait... you can't right click to:
Make an orange portal in Portal (the only game they've re-released so far)
Aim on most FPS games
Access options in RTS games

Smile
As you do...
Yup, games will never truly take off on Mac because Apple don't have a games industry whereas Windows does (IE Age of Empires)

The only things Macs are useful for are business work, and even then most large companies use Windows because it's generally cheaper and easier user interface to train people on
It's also less likely to crash on Windows than it is on Apple Smile

In honesty, my laptop outperforms the Mac Pros we use in college for graphics (which is apparently their main use)... Unfortunately the fanboys that'll buy anything with an Apple on it will keep funding them Sad
As you do...
Incredibly true, and that's quite sad. It's like Sony and Microsoft though, each big company has a hoard of fanboys and fangirls who see the badge and assume it's amazing and buy it.

I suppose it's a lot like Nike, Adidas, Puma, Aston Martin, Ferrari, McDonalds etc. There will always be someone who only gets these things for the badge :fp
Indeed, Steam coming to Mac is good and bad for me, it's AMAZING because i use Linux and in turn Steam being ported to Mac i feel speeded it up then being ported over to Linux. Although at the same time i wish Macs would fail, bringing games to them is just another thing the Fan boys can use.
Mind you, Apple have been forcing flash away from the web and gaming industry since the iPhone now. Plus I heard that Steam doesn't work as smooth on Macs...
ive never used any other console but PC,
in ways that doesn't entitle me to an opinion.
but i like to think that PC games will rule eventually Big Grin
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your favourite [legitimate] Pokémon game? WARLORDTF 6 14,202 22-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Last Post: WARLORDTF
  What's the first gaming console you ever owned? Mark 36 65,880 13-12-2010, 05:10 AM
Last Post: latch
  Favourite retro console? bigsharn 8 16,542 29-05-2010, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Special Chris